The district of Schleswig -Flensburg (Danish: Slesvig - Flensborg amt ) is measured on its surface after the district of Rendsburg -Eckernförde the second largest district of the state of Schleswig -Holstein.
- 4.1 churches
- 4.2 farms and crofts
- 4.3 mills
- 6.1 Food Industry
- 6.2 The WiREG
- 6.3 Regional Programme 2000
- 6.4 Tourism
- 6.5 Flavours
The district of Schleswig -Flensburg is bordered to the north by the Danish municipality Aabenraa and the Flensburg Fjord, on the east by the western Baltic Sea, in the south it borders on the district of Rendsburg -Eckernförde, in the southwest on the circle Dithmar and to the west the district of North Friesland. The circle also encloses the north, the district-free city of Flensburg.
In the eastern part of the county lies the Landscape fishing between the fjord and the Schlei. This is also the Scheersberg, with 71 m height, the second highest in the district. The highest peak is located between free will and Hürup Höckeberg with 82 m.
In the southwestern corner of the circle is the landscape Stapelholm in the Eider- Treene worry lowlands. There, transfer Moore and wetlands from forests and Geest back. This agriculturally difficult -to-use landscape was inhabited until very late.
In the region, there are nature reserves, where typical regional biotopes are obtained.
On the Geltinger Birk, the outer headland that sticks out in Gelting in the Flensburg Fjord, is 773 ha with the largest protected area in the district, has been in existence since 1934 and was extended again and again. About 200 species of birds, including eagles and a large number of migratory birds visit this swampy area with salt marshes, dunes and sea grass meadows.
In Schleimünde at Maasholm the nature reserve is located on a long and narrow headland also Schlei estuary. The area has about 122 acres of land and 252 acres of water surface, always forming new land in the country spits or is removed. Since the Spit ever built and the waterway Schlei threatened pinch off, the first Schleimünde was in 1796 created artificially, which also was the pilot island. Again, rest and wintering numerous species of migratory birds.
Moore and wetlands
Although in the district originally many Moore were present, most areas by peat cutting and drainage have been lost. Among the few remaining bogs include the Tetenhusener Moor, a raised bog in Tetenhusen, the 2000 is available as part of the network of protected areas Natura nature conservation.
On both sides of the border to Denmark is located at Ellund the Frøslev Jardelunder Moor. Save As in all bogs here Torfmoose the water, so that raises the water level and very acidic bog water is formed, in which only a few highly specialized plants such as sundew and cotton grasses can live. However, black grouse, snipe and numerous amphibians and reptiles live in the moor.
The smallest Naturerlebnisraum in Schleswig -Holstein is located in Ekenis in the loop, the natural gardens Moostoft Ekenis in which a Toteisloch has evolved into a marshy wetland. The dehydrated and long used as grazing area was renatured mid-1990s, so that created various wetlands.
In the landscape Stapelholm in the field Eider treene worry, alternate in the geest and wetlands, the white stork is very often represented, so that in Bergenhusen a particular protected area was established.
In 2000 hectare nature reserve Upper Treenelandschaft in the headwaters of the treene the Frörup mountains and some of Moore are included. The landscape has been created at the end of the glacier advances in the Weichsel glaciation. Here the restoration of wetlands to increase biodiversity. At the same time finds a rather extensive grazing by sheep.
The Langballigau is a small river that flows through the community Langballig in meanders through hardwood forests to the Baltic Sea. Again, there are valuable wetlands and forest and coastal habitats.
An unusual nature reserve is the 280 -acre Stiftungsland shepherd's house, which was established near the Danish border at Harrislee at a former military training area. To permit between the Knicks created in the 18th century, the emergence of a semi-open grasslands, the area is extensively derived by Galloway cattle and Konik, the Tarpan, the wild horses grazing.
The nature reserve is crossed by the Ochsenweg.
Neolithic and Bronze Age
The area of present-day Schleswig- Flensburg district has been inhabited since the Mesolithic period, especially in the loop, there are many archaeological finds from this period. The megalithic tombs that can be found in fishing in large numbers, are mainly from the Neolithic period. In Suederbrarup there are 22 grave mounds, the largest west of the Thorsberger Moors is surrounded by a stone circle. The Hermannshoi in Torsballig whose local name is also due to the Germanic god of thunder, Thor, is the saga be a king even after grave.
Angles and Saxons to become Anglo-Saxons
Especially in the 5th and 6th centuries wandered many fishing along with the originating also from northern Germany Saxony into present-day England, where she initially in the eastern areas - for example East Anglia - settled. In the now sparsely populated area covered by Jutes, whose influence can be read, among others, at the place names formed by them even today. However, the population density increased in the 11th century again.
The Ancient Road between Hamburg and Viborg in Denmark, who was also called Heerweg, there probably since the Bronze Age. In Schleswig -Flensburg district are the cities of Schleswig ( Hedeby originally ) and Flensburg at Ochsenweg.
The Angelbowege are five ways that crossed Fishing in east-west direction. Best of Altweg is obtained, which is good track of the Treenefurt in Sollerup to Ochsenweg in Sieverstedt. It is believed that he continued to be Freesenweg to North Friesland.
The Danewerk, the remains of which can still be seen in the community Dannewerk, was built in several stages, 730-1170 by the Danes as a protection against their southern neighbors, the Saxons. It consists of earthen walls and ditches and ran from Hollingstedt Hedeby. By the only goal in the Ochsenweg Danewerk happened.
Christianity was introduced here towards the end of the 9th century, when Archbishop Ansgar 828 unsuccessfully tried to Christianize Hedeby. Ansgar, who later traveled to the Ancient Road to Scandinavia, made 849 on the way to Hedeby in Hollingstedt station.
The diocese of Schleswig was 948, in the region, small stone churches were built in the 12th century.
The black Griet
The Danish Queen Margaret (1230-1282), who was married to Christopher I of Denmark, left a deep impression in the circuit; There are many legends in which it occurs.
The Margarethe Wall in Brodersby was named after her.
Castles and goods
The area that is now part of the district of Schleswig -Flensburg, was not as strongly affected by items such as, for example, the circles Rendsburg -Eckernförde and Plön. Pronounced goods with serfdom existed only in East Anglia, for example Gelting, circular courtyard, Lindau (municipality Boren ), where the oldest surviving mansion stands, wood Pries (municipality Rabenholz ) and Roest (city Kappeln ). There were also some less pronounced Gutsgebiete that are scattered mostly in the central and western fishing. Many of the preserved today mansions were built in the 18th century.
Many of these assets emerged in 1500, some, such as circular courtyard and the already Erdbuch King Waldemar of 1231 as a special royal estate mentioned Gelting on the remains of old fortifications and castles. Serfdom was finally lifted until 1805.
A special position among the nobility sitting in a circle take the water castle built in 1582 in Glücksburg and built from 1697 to 1703 Gottorp Castle in Schleswig one. The latter was home to the giant globe Gottorfer, a walk- globe, the mid-17th century saw the castle garden until he was more or less handed over voluntarily to the early 18th century Czar Peter the Great, also one of the engineering marvels of its time. In 2005, a replica was inaugurated in the presence of Chancellor Gerhard Schröder and that coming from St Petersburg Russian President Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin.
As far as the land was not associated with agricultural estates or ecclesiastical authorities, such as the St. John's Abbey in front of Schleswig, the areas in Harden ( hundreds ) were organized, which presided over by a magistrate. Several Harden were combined to form a SYSSEL, probably the oldest form of zoning in Jutland. The then Idstedtsyssel approximately corresponded around the today's territory of the district of Schleswig -Flensburg and the two Harden Goes to Bredstedt and Husum. In the landscape Stapelholm there was in place one farmer bell, with the call of the Bauer Vogt residents or could warn of danger. One of these bells is still preserved in Erfde.
In many places there was a Thing as a village court facility. In some communities even today the Thing sites are still recognizable. Thus the Church in Husby was built near the site of the old Thing Husbyharde, and the Thing in place of Gulde Stoltebuell, which was used until the 19th century, was reconstructed.
Structural change in agriculture
The reclamation of the Geest with their bogs and heaths in the south west of the district began in 1761 in the offices Gottorp and Flensburg. At that time, many people from the areas that were devastated by the Seven Years' War and took up the offer of King Frederick V to found colonies on the Geest fled. The Palatine mentioned immigrants from West Germany were viewed by the government in Copenhagen as more suitable than the local non- inheriting sons of farmers. In order to make the land available, Geest hump were removed and created drainage ditches in bogs. The courtyards of the colonists were equipped with the bare essentials, so that they could survive until the first harvest: Work animals and their food, work tools and seeds. The project, however, had to be abandoned a few years later, as the colonists did not accept the harsh living conditions and the inadequate preparation of the project. In addition, presented the income that could be reached with the former technology, not enough to survive.
From this colonization attest place names such as Handewitt colony, a district of Handewitt, and Neubörm.
The Verkoppelung in which the commons, which was shared in the not managed by an estate villages of all, was divided into pastures, began fishing in a very early stage, namely the end of the 16th century. This will not only changed ownership and increasing revenues, there was also a big part of the still existing road network and the hedgerow.
The soil in the Geest could be used for agriculture until the 19th century, were available as steam plows and fertilizers. In the much more prosperous fishing and animal husbandry played a major role, and the brown anglers beef and pork were Angeliter saddle as well as the Schleswiger beyond the region known breeds of domestic animals.
With the referendum in 1920 in what is now the district was a Danish minority. The resulting national tensions but were resolved with the Bonn- Copenhagen Declarations in 1955. On this theme, see also: History of Schleswig-Holstein, Danish minority
Development of the district Schleswig -Flensburg
From the circles Flensburg and Schleswig - country was founded on March 24, 1974 as part of the district reform in the district of Schleswig -Flensburg.
Important buildings in the district are several churches as well as a large number of agricultural buildings.
The most important church building in the district is the Schleswig Cathedral. It was built in 1134-1200 as a three-nave Romanesque basilica of granite, tuff and brick. The High Gothic hall choir and cloister incurred prior to 1300., The neo-Gothic west tower and a large part of the exterior design are from the late 19th century. Especially valuable is the Romanesque Petri portal that was built around 1180.
While the parishes on the sparsely populated Geest are relatively large, has fishing on an unusually high density of medieval, mostly Romanesque churches.
Farms and crofts
Of the three types of houses in Schleswig-Holstein, the Hall house, mainly south of the line Husum - Kappeln, the Frisian Barg house and the Jutland qergeteilten Geesthardenhaus predominates in the circle Geesthardenhaus. The entrance to Geesthardenhaus usually located on the long side. Living area, threshing, stable and barns can be accessed through their own doors and gates. The living area includes the kitchen and the basement. The smoke from the fire pit was discharged through a chimney. The roof is on in the living area on the bearing constructed exterior walls, in the stable area on stands that are directly on the exterior walls. From the end of the 19th century often also a cross- wing was added to accommodate the increased crop yield.
The Angeliter Dreiseithof and Angeliter truss are architectural styles that are typical of the district area. When it comes Südangeliter hall house in the 18th century, on the merger of the Danish nave ( Wandständerbau ) in the living area with the Low German hall house ( Innenständerkonstrukion ) for the stable area. A few houses are still preserved in essential parts, like the Marx house in the countryside Fishing Museum in Unewatt, the Nanningsenhaus in Füsing and house Bartel in Wagersrott and a few smallholdings. In northern fishing is / was featured by the wall frame construction.
Thatched roofs in fishing are often secured such as in Good Danish Lindau in Boren with hanging woods on the heather ridge. In the West, for example in Tetenhusen and Norderstapel, has the architectural style in Frisian influences.
The colonists houses in the Geest of the late 18th century, Hall houses, which were very small with a size of 12.18 m length and 8.6 m width first. It was not until the later type II was slightly larger. About an entrance at the gable end of the hall was reached, which also served as a threshing floor. The stables were on the sides of the hallway. Actually, the hotplate was on the paved Flett behind the hall, the colonialists, however, insisted on a brick hearth, as they knew from their home so that the Kolonialistenhäuser at the time were the only hall houses with chimney.
As it was to stand houses where the roof is not supported by the walls, was saved to the brick walls. The houses of the colonists provided should especially be cheap, so many of them quickly collapsed due to lack of stability. The prototype of the colonists houses stood on the outskirts of Schleswig
In the district several Dutch windmills in the late 19th century have been preserved. As an example, should the built as a gallery in 1878 Dutch windmill "Fortuna" are mentioned as functional technical monument in the landscape Unewatt Museum and the Mill " hope" as a Erdholländer ( 1845 Meierwik ), which was added in 1868 after Munkbrarup.
The Landscape Museum fishing in Langballig Museum consists of four islands where typical agricultural buildings ( dairy farm, windmill, Südangeliter hall house) and devices presented in the historic center, which is still inhabited.
Heart of the museum on Danewerk ( Danevirkegården ) in the municipality Dannewerk is the rampart Danewerk, the largest archaeological site in Northern Europe, the remains of which are present in the municipal area and its history.
The circuit in cooperation with the independent city of Flensburg a single economic space. Although in the district especially agriculture dominating the landscape, the primary sector accounts for only a small share of total output. The service sector, however, has now not only around 50 % of employees in the district, he is still growing. In the commercial sector, although the food industry is particularly important, as well as refrigeration, communications electronics and mechanical engineering are represented by large companies. A contribution to education afford the vocational training center in Flensburg Schleswig and Kappeln. In addition to Flensburg Harrislee is an important business location.
In the district there are 22 major companies in the food industry, which produce about 70 % of total sales in the manufacturing sector. Major companies in the meat processing are in Böklund, Satrup and Steinbergkirche important dairies in Kappeln and Nordhackstedt. In Silberstedt there is a company that specializes in organic food.
The WiREG ( Economic Development and Regional Development Company Flensburg / Schleswig mbH ) based in Flensburg, was founded in 1996 as a municipal business development and regional development company in the region that includes the circle area and the city of Flensburg. She wants to create jobs, promote information exchange and improve the infrastructure of the region.
Regional Programme 2000
The EU has the regional program set up in 2000 to promote the infrastructure in Schleswig -Holstein. This program also benefits the commercial area surveying in a circle.
The Schleinufer, Schleswig and the Baltic coast are the most important tourist regions in the district. Including the city of Flensburg, there are 320 commercial accommodation establishments in the county that offer more than 11,000 beds, in addition there are about 5,000 private beds. The tourism industry now generates more revenue than agriculture.
Among the specialties of the region of anglers Muck, an alcoholic mixed drink that can be drunk hot rum-based grog or as grain-based part cold.
The Federal Highway 7 (E 45), located on the Schleswig and Flensburg, runs through the county territory in north-south direction and connects the region with Scandinavia. In parallel, the B 76 from Flensburg Schleswig on the B77 runs to Eckernförde and Kiel, Schleswig south of Rendsburg. Most important east- west connections are the B 199 ( Niebüll - Flensburg- Kappeln ), B 200 ( Flensburg- Husum ) and B 201 ( Husum Schleswig- Kappeln ).
Also, the North-South route of the railroad passes through the county territory; currently offers connections to stalemate castle and Hamburg every two hours ( operated by the DB, it holds in the district in Tarp and Schleswig ), Husum / Kiel Hbf (from the NOB operated; holds in the district in Owschlag, Schleswig and Juebek ) and to Neumünster / Flensburg ( operated by the DB; maintenance in Flensburg, Flensburg- Soft, Tarp, Juebek, Schleswig and Owschlag ). Furthermore, there is once a day the chance to travel with the holding in Flensburg and Schleswig ICE train via Hamburg to Berlin and to the return to Aarhus. The routes of the Flensburg orbit and the orbit of Schleswig, formerly operated an extensive network are up on the museum railway Suederbrarup - Kappeln long since disappeared. The branch lines Flensburg- Husum and Husum - Rendsburg in 1959 and 1974 respectively decommissioned in passenger and are degraded to small residues.
By plane, the region can be reached via the airfields in Flensburg- Shepherd House, Sønderborg and Holtenau. For the region as major ports are in Flensburg and Kiel.
The district Schleswig- Flensburg emerged in its present form in 1973 in the wake of the district reform in Schleswig -Holstein Schleswig and Flensburg from the districts of country. District of Schleswig and Flensburg district (country ) were two of 20 counties that were by the end of the German -Danish War in 1867, newly established by Prussia. The circles were composed of rural communities and agricultural estates, the latter, however, were disbanded in 1928.
Today there are five official -level cities and towns and 17 offices with a total of 131 official member municipalities. Among them is Bad Arnis, with only 309 inhabitants (as at 31 December 2006), the smallest town in Germany.
The 52 seats of the county sit the election results from May 26, 2013 as follows:
District President Ulrich Meier Bruges ( CDU). The group leaders are Timo Kux (CDU, at the same time as the so-called first county council deputy district administrator ), Ingo Degner (SPD, also second deputy district administrator ), Gudrun Lemke (SSW ), Manfred Wilner - Höfer ( Alliance 90/The Greens ), Klaus -Dieter Wagner ( FREE VOTER ) and Carsten -Peter Brodersen (FDP). The two council members of the Left and the BfB ( Alliance for Citizen Schleswig -Flensburg ) are considered to be non-attached.
Cities and Towns
(Population at 31 December 2012)
Offices with official member municipalities / cities (* = seat of the Office Administration)
- 2 Office Eggebek ( 8317 )
- 3 Office Geltinger Bay ( 12,560 )
- 4 Office Haddeby ( 8825 )
- 5 Office Hürup ( 8538 )
- 6 Office Kappeln -Land ( 1473 ) [Seat: Kappeln ]
- 7 Office Kropp - Stapelholm ( 16,250 )
- 8 Official Langballig ( 8061 )
- 9 office of Central Fishing ( 9808 )
Municipal offices and map
Coat of arms
Blazon: ". Over blue, occupied with two silver threads Wellenschildfuß wave of blue and gold diagonal left with two shared border, red reinforced lions mistook colors "
Blazon: " On a longitudinally divided into a blue and a yellow stripe cloth - moved over each other and from the center to the rod out - the two lions of the circular coat of arms in confused colors. "