Boren, Germany

Boren (Danish: Borne ) is a municipality in the district of Schleswig -Flensburg on the Schlei in the Angeln in Schleswig -Holstein.

  • 2.1 Lindau, Lindau - mill wood, Lindau Mühleholz
  • 2.2 Lindaunis
  • 2.3 Good Danish -Lindau
  • 2.4 Ekenis
  • 2.5 Kiesby
  • 3.1 Coat of Arms


The region has been inhabited since the Neolithic period, after which point 13 megalithic tombs in the municipality.

The St. Mary's Church was built in the first half of the 13th century. Since renovations of 1938, the Baroque galleries and boxes away until 1950 and the windows have been reduced, it is relatively pure style Romanesque receive. The painting, windows and the relief on the altar table are from Alwin Blue. A wooden bell tower of 1693 stands apart somewhat. Local historian Hans Andreas Nicolai Jensen was pastor from 1835 to 1845 here.


On 1 February 1974, the municipalities Ketelsby and Lindau were incorporated. On March 1, 2013 Ekenis and Kiesby were added.


Boren consists among other of the districts Affegünt, Akeby (Danish: Ågeby ), Boren, Fahrtoft ( Fårtoft ) Grabbelwatt, Güderott ( Gyderød ) Günderottstamm, Hegeholz, High air Hürye, Ketelsby, Kleinboren, nave, Lindau (Linda ), Lindau field, Lindau - Gaarwang, Lindau Kamp, Lindaunis ( Lindånæs ), Pape field, Peter field, Rehberg ( Rebjerg ) Uhlekuhl and Wrium. There are 31 individual villages and settlements.

With the merger of 2013, the villages Ekenis came (Danish: Egenaes ) - with Bickenbach, Boknis ( Bognæs ) Ekenisfeld, Ekenislund, Pageroe ( Paverød ) Wattlück - and Kiesby (Danish: Kisby ) - with brake Watt, Kaltoft, Kiesbyfeld - to the community Boren.

Lindau, Lindau - mill wood, Lindau Mühleholz

To avoid confusion with other places of the same name, often is spoken (especially in old documents ) of Lindau Lindau mill grinder wood or wood. The reason is that the main road that runs through the district of Lindau, Mühleholz means.

The gallery Dutch windmill from 1837 was renovated in 1985 and is ready for use.


In Lindaunis the Lindaunis Bridge, a bascule bridge in steel mesh box construction for rail and car traffic is. In summer, the bridge is open for fifteen minutes before the hour. The railway line from Flensburg to Kiel via the bridge, which is also operated from the web. Since the road is not separated from the railway and the trains have a priority, the traffic must take both to the passing trains as well as on the opening times for the waterway. The Lindaunis station was closed and is now a restaurant.

Lindaunis was living place and workplace of hunting historian Hans Jessen, author, inter alia, the country's hunting history of Schleswig-Holstein.

Good Danish -Lindau

The resulting 1415 Good Danish -Lindau has an unusual for the region mansion from the 15th century. It is a single-storey Backsteinsaalbau which is thatched and contains a knight's hall. It has been known for film and television, including the television series The Country Doctor ( 1986 ).


Ekenis, a typical circular village was first mentioned in 1352. Since Ekenis is not listed in Erdbuch of 1231 the Danish King Waldemar, one suspects, the place its founding in the second half of the 13th century. Finds of flint daggers, flint tips and several burial mounds from the Neolithic period and the Bronze Age evidence of a settlement from this period. Furthermore, urn graves from the Roman Empire and the remains of an Ice Age settlement have been found. Based on the field names is believed that the place was founded by Jutland peasants.

In Pageroe there were remains of a medieval castle. Margarethe of Denmark had bought the castle in 1406, and then let them pay off.


Kiesby was first mentioned in 1386. The place name means village or settlement of Kisi. The place is predominantly agricultural. In the relatively small place Kiesby two children's homes have been established, so the average age of the village population is rather low.


After since the merger with Ekenis and Kiesby an appointee of the municipal supervisory officer had (the last mayor of the Altgemeinde Boren ) performed the duties of the municipal council and the mayor, a new municipal council was elected on 26 May 2013. Of the eleven seats since then, the CDU and the voter community AWB four seats, the Green Alternative List GAL has three seats.

Coat of arms

The existing until February 28 2013 Commune Boren led since 2008 a coat of arms with the following blazon: "In from blue fringed gold a blue beams cross. 1 a blue wing cross, 2 a blue oak branch with an acorn and two leaves, 3 two blue fish over another and 4 three floating blue wave beams. "


Large parts of the community are agricultural. The tourist center is located at the Lindauer Noor Schlei.



  • Metta of Swabia (1636-1709), benefactress, Konventualin, prioress and the last of the noble family of Swabia.