2008â€“09 Scottish Premier League
The Scottish Premier League 2008/2009 was the 11th edition of the Scottish Premier League, which is known for the sponsor under the name of Clydesdale Bank Premier League since 2007/2008. The Falkirk FC and Glasgow Rangers opened the season on 9 August 2008.
The Rangers were after the first round at No. 2, won the play-offs and picked up the title for the 5th time. A total of 548 goals were scored, scorer Kris Boyd, the Scotsman (27 goals).
- 3.1 Info
In the first round, each team played three times against the other. The first six and the last six of the table were two groups in the second round. Played there again everyone against everyone. The points were included as well for the Table of the first round. The first was Master and 12th dismounted in the First Division.
Table after the 1st round:
2nd Round / Play-Offs
Table to get the play-offs:
(M) = Master 2007/2008
* = On the UEFA Fair Play ranking qualified
= ** Because the Rangers are already qualified for the Champions League, FC Falkirk jumps as Vice Scottish Cup winners
The champion team of the Glasgow Rangers
( Players with at least 5 missions were considered, and in brackets the matches and goals are specified)
- Goal: Neil Alexander (11 / -), Allan McGregor (27 / -)
- Defense: Madjid Bougherra (31 /1), Kirk Broadfoot (27 / - ), Christian Dailly (9 / -), Sasa Papac (29/ 1), Steven Smith (5 / - ), David Weir ( 36/2 ), Steven Whittaker ( 24/2 )
- Midfielders: Charlie Adam (9 / -), DaMarcus Beasley (10 / -), Steven Davis (34/ 6), Maurice Edu ( 12/2), Barry Ferguson ( 22/2 ), John Fleck ( 8/1), Lee McCulloch ( 12 / -), Pedro Mendes (35/ 3), Nacho Novo (29/ 5), Kevin Thomson ( 11/1)
- Striker Kris Boyd (35 /27), Jean -Claude Darcheville ( 8/1), Kyle Lafferty (25/ 6), Kenny Miller (30 /10), Andrius Velička (8/ 4)
- Coach: Walter Smith
1998/99 | 1999/ 00 | 2000/ 01 | 2001 /02 | 2002 /03 | 2003 /04 | 2004 /05 | 2005 /06 | 2006 /07 | 2007 /08 | 2008 /09 | 2009/10 | 2010 / 11 | 2011/12 | 2012/13
Continental Cup competitions: Champions League | UEFA Cup
State Championships: Albania | Andorra | Armenia | Azerbaijan | Belgium | Bosnia and Herzegovina | Bulgaria | Denmark | Germany | England | Estonia | Faroe Islands | Finland | France | Georgia | Greece | Ireland | Iceland | Israel | Italy | Kazakhstan | Kosovo | Croatia | Latvia | Lithuania | Luxembourg | Macedonia | Malta | Moldova | Montenegro | Netherlands | Northern Ireland | Norway | Austria | Poland | Portugal | Romania | Russia | San Marino | Scotland | Sweden | Switzerland | Serbia | Slovakia | Slovenia | Spain | Switzerland | Turkey | Ukraine | Hungary | Wales | Russia | Cyprus
- Scottish Premier League
- Football in 2008
- Football in 2009