1986 Formula One season
The Formula 1 1986 season was the 37th FIA Formula 1 World Championship. She was discharged through 16 races in the period from 23 March to 26 October 1986. Alain Prost won for the second time the drivers' world championship. Williams was the third time Constructors' world champions.
Teams and Drivers
World Cup ratings
In the drivers 'standings were the best eleven results counted all the results in the constructors' championship.
T = turbo engine
News in brief Formula 1
- Elio de Angelis died while testing a Brabham BMW in Le Castellet. He was the last deaths in Formula 1 to the Imola weekend 1994.
- Marc Surer survived a serious fire accident at Hessen- Rally, had to end his Formula 1 career, however.
- In Mexico, Gerhard Berger and Benetton celebrated their first Grand Prix victories.
- Nigel Mansell lost the Formula 1 World Championship by a flat tire in the final in Adelaide to Alain Prost.
- Keke Rosberg ended his racing career.
- Gerhard Berger scored during training at Monza the hitherto highest measured speed in Formula 1, 351.220 km / h