1984 Formula One season
The Formula 1 1984 season was the 35th FIA Formula 1 World Championship. She was discharged through 16 races in the period of 25 March 1984 to 21 October 1984. The Austrian Niki Lauda won the tightest final of Formula 1 history for the third time after 1975 and 1977 Drivers' World Championship. McLaren secured the Constructors' title.
- 4.1 Drivers' Championship
- 4.2 Constructors' Championship
Teams and Drivers
Brazilian GP ( Jacarepaguá )
The launch was aborted twice in total. First, the local power supply broke down on the second attempt the shift linkage collapsed with Andrea de Cesaris.
GP South Africa ( Kyalami )
GP Belgium ( Zolder )
GP San Marino ( Imola )
GP France (Dijon -Prenois )
GP Monaco ( Monte Carlo )
The race was canceled due to heavy rain after 31 laps. For the championship standings, there were half points.
Canadian GP ( Montreal )
GP USA East (Detroit )
The race was stopped after an accident at the start and restart. There were only five riders to the finish, the point for sixth place was not awarded.
GP USA ( Dallas )
Originally a race distance of 78 laps was planned. The race was flagged but after two hours. Nigel Mansell tried to push his broken-down just before the finish car across the finish line, but fainted shortly before the finish line. The later second-placed René Arnoux drove off due to a faulty starter from the back of the grid.
GP UK ( Brands Hatch )
United Kingdom • July 22, 1984 • 71 laps of 4.207 kilometers ( 298.697 km )
In the first round there was a mass collision: Eddie Cheever, Philippe Alliot, Stefan Johansson and Jo Gartner collided and fell out. The race was interrupted for cleanup and repairs to safety barriers.
The race was shortened after the race interruption from 75 to 71 rounds.
GP Germany ( Hockenheim )
Alain Prost started due to a defective fuel pump his emergency vehicle in the spare car.
GP Austria ( Zeltweg )
The launch was repeated since Elio de Angelis at the first attempt stalled his engine.
Niki Lauda won a home race as the first and only Austrian.
GP Netherlands ( Zandvoort )
McLaren - TAG Porsche will prematurely constructors world champion after this race.
Italian GP (Monza )
European Grand Prix ( Nürburgring )
GP Portugal ( Estoril )
With the second place in the race Niki Lauda secures his third and final world title.
World Cup ratings
In the drivers 'standings were the best eleven results counted all the results in the constructors' championship. Due to the premature termination in Monaco only one half of the points were credited for the race.
T = turbo engine 1 Tyrrell was the beginning of October 1984 excluded because of violation of the regulations of the World Cup; The trigger was forbidden water tanks that were filled after each Grand Prix and made this way for a lower weight during the race
News in brief Formula 1
- At the end of the season the entire Tyrrell team with drivers Martin Brundle, Stefan Bellof, Stefan Johansson and Mike Thackwell was disqualified because it was violated in the weight of the cars in the race against the regulations. Tyrrell had a water cooling for the brakes installed, the lines filled with water during the acceptance, in the race, however, were empty. Shortly before the end of the race then offset with lead shot ballast water was filled to achieve the minimum weight again.
- The Formula 1 Ayrton Senna and Stefan Bellof newcomers occupied the rain -GP Monaco, the second and third places. Bellofs result was not considered due to the disqualification of his Tyrrell team.
- In Dallas won in the " modern era " of Formula 1 for the first time a Honda engine.
- Niki Lauda was world champion for the third time with a half point ahead of Alain Prost, which to this day the closest title decider. In addition, he is so far the only the second world champion, who won the title, to have reached the pole without a single time - in front of him, this only succeeded Denis Hulme in the Formula 1 season 1967.
- Zakspeed presented his first Formula 1 car.