De Aker is a neighborhood in the district of Amsterdam Nieuw- West in the province of North Holland and makes part of Osdorp. The name comes from the polder " Middelveldsche Akerpolder ". The district is bounded by the Zwarte Pad, the Wijsentkade, the Bonhoeffer and the Bloemengartensingel, as well as a part of the Osdorperweg and Frankfurthersingel. On January 1, 2012 De Aker had 10,573 inhabitants. Of De " Aker -West": 4607 and in De " Aker -East" 5,966 inhabitants.
The former " Akerpolder " has already been drained in 1598. The first local farmers used the area as grassland for their cattle. They built houses, stables and barns. Later, nurseries and a trailer park, De Rolleman, were added.
In the 1960s, a part of De Aker was inhabited and got the name Middelveldsche Akerpolder (abbreviated: MAP 1). From 1988, the remaining area was populated and apartments built (MAP 2). It created the hamlet Bergenwijk, Eilandenwijk, Geldwijk and Merenwijk. 2004, the development of De Aker was completed.
In De Aker is a " Aktiviteiten Center " for children. Every Wednesday there the " kids club " instead, which is headed by the residents of the district on a voluntary basis. The all year round ongoing activities are contracted with the Vader Festival. The term " Wereldvaders " to the attention of the fathers are directed to the education of children.
The Huis van de Wijk & De Aker Osdorp West ( a building as an information center in the district for the residents of De Aker and Osdorp -West) is a meeting place for the residents courses, information and social activities. The Huis van de Wijk is open seven days a week.
A cycling and Spaziergängerweg leads past the Akermolen, a compound of the recreation area between the Amstel country and Spaarnwoude.
The tram ( Tramlijn ) No 1 runs from the Central Station towards Dam, Leidsestraat, Overtoom and Lelylaan the endpoint De Aker in Osdorp.
De Akermolen ( " Akermühle "), even Oude Molen ("Old Mill" ) called, was formerly a windmill in Osdorp and is a übriggebiebener part of a polder mill. The coming of 1876 Mill is at the Zwarte Pad No. 30 De Akermolen was probably not in 1876 newly built, but it was made use of by a broken windmill from another polder ( Frank Henke ). The mill is called " Molenromp " (Mill Hull ), since that upper part, the wind wings are no longer available. Beginning of the 20th century, the wind wings were replaced by an electric pumping station.
- Sound Heijdra: Amsterdam Nieuw -West. De geschiedenis van de Westelijke Tuinsteden. Uitgeverij René de Milliano, Alkmaar 2010. ISBN 978-9072-810-588
- Hilde de Haan, Jolanda Keesom: Gebouwen in de Aker, Amsterdam - Osdorp. ISBN 90-5105-035-6