Enge-Sande ( Frisian: Ding - Sönj, südjütisch: anxieties ' Sanj, Low German: Eng - Sand ) is a municipality in the district of North Friesland Schleswig -Holstein.

  • 3.1 List of Passenger pastors
  • 4.1 Coat of Arms

Geography and transport

Enge-Sande is located about 30 km north of Husum and 30 km west of Flensburg near the town of leakage and the Danish border. North of the village, on the edge of Geest, is the historic western Ox Trail. He performs the Long Forst, who has the third highest peak in North Frisia with the 45 -meter-high Rantzauhöhe. 1878, this area was reforested by the State of Schleswig -Holstein of prisoners from Gluckstadt headed Carl Emeis on 420 acres. Previously, the area was a heath area that was covered with lots of wild shrubs.


Finds of about 14,000 year-old stone axes and other tools indicate settlement already in the Stone Age.

The village of Sande was first documented in the reminder and uplift register of the church to narrow in 1636 in the form of up the sand and narrowness upt sand.

The storm surge from 1634 called for in the community Tight their victims: According to records while 50 people and 142 animals perished. In addition, four houses were in the area " plowing " victims of the flood.

The community Enge-Sande belonged until 1920 to the former county Tønder, and was part of zone II ( " middle zone ") at the Schleswig plebiscite on March 14, 1920. Here, the southern part Tonderns had voted overwhelmingly in favor of Germany, so that the church today Enge-Sande, like the vast rest of the zone II associated communities, Germany was awarded. For historical reasons, there is now a Danish minority in the area. However, the community itself has no Danish institutions or associations. These are located in the nearby village of leakage.

Village life

From the beginning to the middle of the 19th century, many community residents worked as a weaver. Their production of "linen and striped wool stuff" was sold primarily to Husum and Flensburg markets. According to source, the village Soholm to have been a pure fishing village since the Soholmer Au at that time to have been very rich in fish. In the place formerly Knorburg is only one fisherman's hut have been, which was demolished in the early 19th century. From the middle of the 19th century lived most of the inhabitants of the cattle farming, including cattle, horses and sheep, although some residents still " have a loom or a spinning wheel in use." Since the arable land was ertragsarm, traveled many villagers in the late summer months for harvest work to North beach, eiderstedt etc. to be dazuzuverdienen money. Bought For additional haymaking or leased many farmers in the church today Enge-Sande middle of the 19th century in addition own marshes in the west in the polders. In addition, most community residents won their turf from their own lands, which was below the clay layer of the meadows.

Community structure

The country had farms in the west of the village Tight their lands to the north and south of their farm ("from the Au to the Long Mountain "). The Operate in the eastern part were mostly communal property, which is why the lands were not fixed. Until the 19th century ordinary courts " Bondengut " were called, that belonged in a legal sense to the Official Tønder or Karrhardenvogtei while house and land were privately owned. Farmers who had lost their estates on the rights of disposal, had to make a special lease relationship with the respective " country gentlemen ". In the village of narrow these rulers were:

  • The cathedral chapter in Schleswig - the community of clerics am Dom
  • The Good Fresenhagen that existed since 1534; until the 17th century, the dependence developed to serfdom.
  • The goods Klixbüllhof and Karrharde ( founded in the 15th century)
  • Several Foreign / noble goods
  • The Duke of Schleswig
  • The church Klixbüll ( It included the so-called " Vikariengüter " which were founded in the 15th century, the church of the family Sönksen. This came after the Reformation in the hands of the country's rule. )
  • The Church of St. Nicholas in Flensburg ( by the Einkunftsübetragung a noble lady from Klixbüll in 1483, in the 16th century, these were denied by the Gutsherrschaft Fresenhagen. )

According to sources, the Cathedral of Schleswig had already in 1352 seven yards in Sande, Perebüll and plowed land, and in a corner. This paid farmers in sands of the cathedral, a tax of seven pounds sterling, while the good in tightness only 5 shillings sterling paid. Precise information on the frequency of payments are not listed.

In addition to the lease of farms existed in the community, the so-called " free bonding" that came through purchase, marriage, or adoption deposit of formerly native resident nobles in the Middle Ages in the possession of simple farmers. In a few cases, there were narrow so-called skating, which are small homes without land, where dwelt workers or professionals. Finally, there were several mills in the village. The last of its kind, whose floor plans can still be seen today, was decommissioned in 1979.


The community Enge-Sande is characterized by a historically linguistic diversity. In addition to standard German and regional customary Low German, the community is located in the Frisian and Danish language area.

Here, the community informed early in their language preferences. Thus, the resident pastor Johann Andreas Iversen held (in office 1834-1840 ), that the languages ​​were in the west of the parish Enge, including Passenger Heath and Schardebüll, mainly Frisian and German, while spoken in the eastern part of the municipality of German and Danish. This Danish should already rarely occurred " as it is still consistently been common before 1 to 2 people aging". In addition, Iversen wrote that the language attitude in " custom and attitude " reflected.

In the topography of the Duchy of Schleswig by Henning Oldekop, Kiel 1906 ( X130/131 ), it was noted that the inhabitants of the village of Sande " mostly Frisian descent" and that their vernacular yet exercised. However, Albrecht Johannsen reported in 1927 that only 25 to 50 percent of the local population, dominated the Karrharder dialect.

Today, both Frisian and Danish minority languages ​​in the region, the Karrharder Frisian is threatened with extinction. In contrast, the Danish, is obtained in the community by Danish institutions located in the hinterland of the Danish School Association, Dansk Skoleforening for Sydslesvig alive and well maintained. However, in the area originally usual Danish dialect Sønderjysk is not taught and is therefore also threatened with extinction in this region.

Community education

On 1 February 1974, the former municipalities Tight, Tight Heath, Knorburg, Sands, Schardebüll and Soholm were merged to form the new municipality of Enge-Sande. Soholm has around 134 inhabitants (as of 2009 ). Knorburg is the smallest of the six former municipalities with only eleven houses.

Population Development

Ecclesiastical data on income, expenditure, births, baptisms, etc. keep the historical development of the population of the municipality Enge-Sande firmly shown in the table.

The figures from 1961 and 1970 are derived from the Census on 6 June 1961, on 27 May 1970. Timber field was not a church. Therefore, no census results are available for this place before.


The Enger church was built in the 13th century and dedicated to Saint Catherine of Alexandria. The carved dates from 1520 and is saved according to the legend of a lost in the 1634 Burchardiflut church. Beginning of the 17th century the church was rebuilt. The wood-paneled ceiling is painted with a representation of the village narrowness of 1779. Between the farmland peasants a weed is säender devil painted image of the parable of four times Acker ( Mt.13 EU).

Today, the churches and narrow Stedesand share a 'connected' pastorate, which belong to the church district of North Friesland. Pastor Anja Nickelsen - Reimers serves the parish Close to the umliegeneden districts sands, Soholm, Schardebüll, Enger heath, wood and arable Knorburg belong. Pastor Thomas Reimers serves the parish Stedesand to which Westerschnatebüll, Broweg, the Störtewerkerkoog with Trollebüll, pigs and rabbits holm holm belong.

In 2009, the parish celebrated its 650 anniversary.

Pastor Werner Stümke founded in 1963, the local brass ensemble, with the assistance of the then country trombone marshal Hans -Heinrich Oldsen.

Passenger List of pastors


Of the eleven seats of the municipal council had the group of voters Enge-Sande (WG) since the local elections 2008 and the six CDU five seats. The choice on May 26, 2013 confirmed this result. The turnout was 57.7 per cent last.

Coat of arms

Blazon: " Azure, three elevated golden mountain, topped with a red sechsspeichigen cartwheel over a blue wave beams. "

The three golden mountains to the heights of Langenberg Forst and the ridge of symbolize that limits the municipality in the north. The spokes symbolize the six original communities from which Enge-Sande in 1974 formed and the wave band is the symbol of the Soholmer Au, which limits the municipality to the south.


In Sande was until 2011 a Marinemunitionsdepot54.7370358.964586, which included a 105 -meter-high transmission tower made ​​of reinforced concrete. The property of the munitions depot 2012 was passed by the Bundeswehr to the federal Agency for Real Estate. The terrain was connected with a rail connection to the march path on which the community earlier had a passenger station. In November 2012, the municipality requested the Deutsche Bahn, the removal of all warning and information signs along the siding.

In Tight is a kindergarten and a primary school, which acts as a branch of the " elementary school in Linde " in leak. The basic school is a public outdoor swimming pool.


  • The bike pioneer Gregers Nissen (1867-1942) was born in Soholm.
  • The poet and linguist Moritz Momme Nissen (1822-1902) was born in Stedesand.
  • Klaus -Jürgen Liedtke (* 1950), writer and translator