Simonsberg, Germany

Simon is a municipality in the district of North Friesland Schleswig -Holstein.

  • 4.1 Church
  • 4.2 Wester- late Inge
  • 4.3 Tourism

Geography and transport

Simon Berg is located approximately eight kilometers southwest of Husum on the peninsula eiderstedt on the North Sea coast. To the east runs the highway 5, the Green Coast road from Husum to Heath.


Simonsberg - founded by the Danish King Olaf I. - was, together with Lundberg and Padelack to Lundberg Harde. This former administrative unit was up to a storm surge in 1338 connected with Old North beach while she was separated from eiderstedt through the northern mouth of the river Eider. More storm surges could be the island of the Lundberg Harde, which was only in 1468 joined by the Bedeichung the Südermarsch to the mainland. By attracting the Adolfskoogs 1579 and 1565, the Obbenskoogs Lundberg Harde was connected to eiderstedt.

Simon mountain itself was destroyed three times by storm surges and inland rebuilt. After the Burchardiflut had destroyed in 1634, all three churches of the parish, in 1657 a new church was built Padelacker Koogs on a mound in the area of ​​1531, now completely destroyed built. This church was canceled in 1829.

Worse still raged, the heavy floods 1717/18 (see Weihnachtsflut 1717), which could be a victim of the forces of nature the entire Harde. 1500 ha of land were lost. The survivors built houses of sod, driftwood and reeds and availed For 143 years territories of the former Lundberg Harde as foreland to Gräsen. The former southern dike of the Harde has now been to the northern sea wall. Just a little piece was built in 1721 as the new polder protected by a dike.

1860, the municipality purchased the land from the Danish king to Wiedereindeichung. 1861, the new Simon Berger- enclosed land was diked, but has nowhere near the extent of the old Harde.

As part of a land reclamation program backed by the Nazi blood and soil ideology was 1934/35 of Finkhaushalligkoog be diked (see, Adolf Hitler polder, Hermann- Göring- enclosed land ), the out of the foothills of the Finch house - holm and Padelack - holm, where had stood the old church Padelacker before 1634, consisted with the corresponding Watt lands. The last Wiedereindeichung found after a large storm surge in 1962 as part of the dike shortening in the years 1965-67 instead. An enclosed land with 30 ha of reservoirs and 170 ha increase was diked areas. The previously mentioned Simon Berger polder dike was renamed " dike the 163er " in honor of the Panzer Grenadier Battalion 163, which defended this dike.


Municipal council

Of the eleven seats in the municipal council voters Community WGS had since the local elections 2008 eight seats and the three SPD. In the local elections on May 26, 2013, the WGS received 68.6 percent of the vote. The SPD reached 31.4 percent. The distribution of seats remained unchanged. The turnout was 56.6 percent.


For the election period 2013-2018 Angela Feddersen ( WGS ) was elected mayor. This was in response to Erwin Kröger ( WGS ).



The first known Simon Berger Church - the possibly had an even more northerly predecessor - was lost in the Burchardiflut. Since it had not succeeded, then bedeichen the flooded land again, which was built in 1657 Salvator church stood in the foothills, so that the service times of the tides were dependent. 1825 she suffered such severe storm damage that they had to be demolished soon after.

The third church, a neo-classical brick building was built according to the plans of the Danish state architect Christian Frederik Hansen in the highest and largest mound, which had also space for the cemetery close to the village. Pulpit, baptismal font and cover as well as the late-Gothic altar cross are from the defunct churches of the Lundberg Harde. The church bell of 1486 was found in 1830 on the basis of an Wehle again.

Wester- late Inge

Wester- late Inge is a nearly 27 -acre nature reserve in the community.


At the pumping station there is a swimming area, near a campground and a hotel located directly on the promenade. In the village there is a cottage settlement, as well as various apartments.