Haby is an applied as Rundling municipality in the district of Rendsburg -Eckernförde in Schleswig -Holstein.
- 5.1 Volunteer Fire Department
- 5.2 German Red Cross
- 5.3 Archers
Geography and transport
Haby is located about 14 km northeast of Rendsburg and 8 km southwest of Eckernförde near the Witten lake.
West runs the main road 203 from Rendsburg to Eckernförde.
Districts of the municipality Haby are Lehmsiek, Stillbek, Ropahl and Quellental.
Haby belongs to the parish Sehestedt.
The meaning of the name is not clear. The town was first mentioned in 1283; the entry in the Kiel city book was in Latin, and was Hagebe. The stylized rose hips in the coat of arms of the town indicates that origin towards ( Complete translation of the relevant passage: " Nicolaus, called the friezes, of Hagebe, has his house and land in the Haßstraße, whose owner had previously been Hanna of Russee, Mr Nanno sold by Krummendiek " ) the name has changed again and again over the centuries. Habuy, Habye, Haabuy, Habue, Haby. In ancient documents the name Habui occurs as owner dortiger land, so that one can assume that this might not involve the founder of the village.
1856 there was a major fire in which several houses and barns were destroyed, so that their owners outside the village founded new farmsteads.
The community was originally called Haby - Lehmsiek. The name was changed in 1932.
In 1930 was built by donations and in-house power a memorial to the fallen of the First World War, a mounted concrete blocks monument with an eagle as a conclusion. It was 1962 and blown up by volunteers ( among others, the fire department) in turn replaced in-house performance by a new monument: A stone cross from Swedish granite. It was inaugurated on 18 November 1962. The cost at that time amounted to DM 6000
Of the nine seats in the municipal council voters Community HWG has since the local elections in 2013 five seats and the SPD four.
Coat of arms
Blazon: ". Among green sign head, is three silver horseshoes with downwardly facing studs in silver three fan-shaped asked, crossed at their ends green stems of the wild rose, of which bear the middle two red rose hips, the two outer five green leaves "
Crafts and economy
Haby is dominated by agriculture, the structural change, however, has also left its mark here. In 1906, there were 21 so-called possession sites, today there are three farms.
Oldest known crafts are blacksmith and Rademacher; They were first mentioned in 1856. Even today bears witness thereof an agricultural machinery business, which opened on the site of the former dairy farm dating from 1866, its operation in 1946. Furthermore, there was a long period joinery and a roofing company whose specialty was to exploit the thatch from the Habyer floodplains. A nursery from 1880 still exists today as a furniture store, which was erected in 1968 and a country inn in the center and a restaurant in the district Lehmsiek.
By 1968, Haby had its own savings and loan association, which was continued after the merger with the savings and loan Holtsee some years as a branch and is eventually absorbed into a national people and Raiffeisen Bank.
From the late 18th century until 1972 there was a separate primary and secondary school (known as elementary school ), a dwarf school. It was initially located in the village center ( Düsternbrook ) until 1908, a new school building was built on the northeastern outskirts of the village. There was taught until 1972 until the 9th grade, after which it was until its closure in 1975 primary school under the leadership of head teacher Ernst Lüthge who was with the exception of the first three years only teacher at the school since April 1, 1954. Today, the primary school students attend school in the neighboring Holtsee and secondary schools in Eckernförde.
Clubs and Associations
Volunteer Fire Department
The volunteer fire department Haby was founded in 1931. One of four man -operated hand pressure sprayer was the first equipment. Only in 1966 was the fire the first fire engine, a new fire station was built for the 1974.
German Red Cross
Emerging from the Patriotic Women's Association of 1933 is since 1947 the Habyer local association of the DRC.
The Archers Haby was founded in 1957.
First school building in Düsternbrook (2012 )
School buildings of 1908 (2012)
Look at the Habyer floodplains (2012 )