The Eredivisie 2011/12 was the 56th season of the highest Dutch football league. It began on August 5, 2011 and ended with the final decisions in the playoffs on May 20, 2012. Champion was 31 times the AFC Ajax from Amsterdam, who thus successfully defended his title. Second became the Rotterdam club Feyenoord qualified for the Champions League qualification. Cup Winners PSV Eindhoven finished third, making it just as a place in the Europa League as secured AZ Alkmaar. As a fifth of sc Heerenveen reached the Europa League qualification. In the playoffs, the SBV Vitesse Arnhem also successfully fought a place in the Europa League qualifiers. Due to the UEFA Fair Play ranking of the FC Twente could move into the first round of the Europa League qualifiers.
Last, and thus relegated to the first, was SBV Excelsior Rotterdam, the the following season, FC Zwolle replaced divisie as champions of the Eerste. He will take up the new season back under its former name PEC Zwolle. VVV -Venlo and De Graafschap went into the relegation round. After two draws against FC Den Bosch De Graafschap stood on the away goals rule to specify as the second relegated. The place of the team from Doetinchem takes in the 2012/13 season after direct resurgence Willem II Tilburg.
- 2.1 UEFA Europa League 2.1.1 1st Round
- 2.1.2 Round 2
- 2.2.1 1st Round
- 2.2.2 Round 2
- 2.2.3 Round 3
UEFA Europa League
This makes the SBV Vitesse Arnhem in the qualification of the UEFA Europa League 2012/13.
Thus, Willem II Tilburg, is risen from the Eredivisie, VVV -Venlo has managed to avoid relegation.
The cross table presents the results of all games this season represents the home team is listed in the left column, the visiting team on the top line.
Only goals in the regular season to be considered.
The champion team of Ajax Amsterdam
- Goal: Jasper Cillessen (4 / -), Kenneth Vermeer ( 33 / -)
- Defenders: Toby Alderweireld (29/ 1), Vurnon Anita ( 33/2 ), Daley Blind (21 / -), Nicolai Boilesen (4 / -), Dico Koppers (8 / -), Ruben Ligeon (3 / -) André Ooijer ( 9/2), Ricardo van Rhijn (14 / - ), Jan Vertonghen (31/ 8), Gregory van der Wiel (19/ 2)
- Midfielders: Ismail Aissati (16 /2), Eyong Enoh (22 / - ), Christian Eriksen (33/ 7), Theo Janssen (29/ 8), Siem de Jong (29/ 13), Nicolás Lodeiro (13 /2) Jody Lukoki ( 6/2), Thulani Serero (7 / -)
- Storm: Derk Boerrigter (17/ 7), Dmitri Bulykin (19/ 9), Lorenzo Ebecilio (22/ 6), Davy Klaassen (4 / -), Araz Özbiliz (12/1 ), Kolbeinn Sigþórsson (14/ 7) Miralem Sulejmani (22/ 11)
- Coach: Frank de Boer
- For the first time in almost twelve years were in the game against De Graafschap Excelsior 20 August 2011 at a kick-off Eredivisie encounter 22 players from the Netherlands in the field. The last time this had been the case in the encounter AZ against NEC in December 1999.
- Due to the complicated regulations for the European Cup participations, the table stand and the fact that the Cup final was held in April, it came to the curious fact that the sc Heerenveen had on the final day win or lose against Feyenoord to international safe while be. Had the game ended in a draw and would simultaneously AZ and PSV won their games, the Frisians would have been left empty-handed at the end because they were so slipped due to goal difference behind AZ in 5th place and in the playoffs. This situation was not as planned, explained the KNVB, but when playing through the scenarios they had not surfaced and is therefore not taken into account. The regulations should be amended in the future. Ultimately, Feyenoord won the match 3-2.
- By UEFA, the Dutch were given on 4 May 2012 on the Fair Play ranking one additional place in the first round of the Europa League qualification awarded. The ticket goes to the fairest team of the Eredivisie. After the last game were the sc Heerenveen, FC Twente, Master AFC Ajax and the SBV Excelsior. Since Heerenveen and Ajax were already qualified for an international competition, FC Twente a European launch site was so sure before the playoffs. Should the Enscheder prevail in the playoffs, would the ticket for the Europa League qualifying relegated to Excelsior.