2009 Grand Prix motorcycle racing season
- 4.1 Race Results
- 4.2 Teams and Drivers
- 4.3 Drivers' Championship
- 4.4 Constructors' Championship
- 5.1 Race Results
- 5.2 Teams and Drivers
- 5.3 Drivers' Championship
- 5.4 Constructors' Championship
- 6.1 External links
- 6.2 Notes and references
The Motorcycle World Championship in 2009 was the 61st in the history of the FIM motorcycle road racing World Championship.
In the MotoGP class were 17 and discharged 16 races in the classes up to 250 cc and up to 125 cc.
World Champion will be the one driver or the designer, which until the end of season the most points accumulated in the World Cup. The distribution of points, the placings in the overall result of each race are taken into account. The fifteen first-placed rider in each race will receive points according to the following scheme:
In the evaluation all obtained results came.
Find out more
- The Grand Prix of China in 2009 was not played.
- In the race calendar was originally intended to the Grand Prix of Hungary, who belonged to the Motorcycle World Championship for the last time in 1992 to be held at the newly built Balaton ring back. The race, however, was deleted without replacement in March 2009 due to difficulties in financing the construction route and is now in 2010 are part of the World Championship calendar.
- The Grand Prix of Japan at the Twin Ring Motegi was the 700th Grand Prix in the existing since 1949 Motorcycle World Championship.
- Valentino Rossi won at the TT Circuit Assen in the Dutch TT in its 100th victory in the Motorcycle World Championship, thus becoming by Giacomo Agostini 's second rider ever to have managed.