The municipality covers 17 km ². The community is located about 30 km southwest of Perugia at Monte Petrarvella. It is part of the Communities Città Dell'Olio, The most beautiful villages of Italy and the Comunità montana Trasimeno Medio Tevere and is located in the climatic classification of Italian communities in the zone E, 2187 GR / G.
The municipality has no districts.
The Castello di Paciano was first mentioned in 917 in a document of Berengar I and was located in the oldest part of the town above the church today. The newer part of the village, which was built around the year 1300, was named Castro Pacciani Novi and was under the rule of Chiusi. From the mid-13th century, the city of Perugia was dominated, in 1313 the community was at war with Todi. 1416 to Paciano subjugated the Braccio da Montone. After the expulsion of the Oddi family through the Baglioni in 1489, the town was incorporated again Perugia and was thus in the sphere of the Papal States. The place was in 1643 by Matteo de ' Medici ( Mattias de' Medici called, * April 9, 1613, † October 14, 1667, son of Mary Magdalena of Austria and Cosimo II de ' Medici ) taken, but went back to it shortly to the Papal States. He declared in 1672 by Pope Clement X to place the county. In 1798, sparked the place for one year from the Papal States and joined the Roman Republic. Due to the Napoleonic occupation in 1809 Paciano was again separated from the Papal States, this separation lasted until 1816, when the place this time regardless of Panicale, again the Papal State was allocated and there remained until the unification of Italy in 1860.
- Chiesa di San Carlo Borromeo, at least since 1612 with existing church portal from the 17th century, was restored in 1802.
- Chiesa di San Giuseppe, also called Chiesa dentro, church from the 11th century. Contains the flags image of the Madonna della Misericordia, also called Madonna delle Grazie, created by Benedetto Bonfigli, about 1480.
- Chiesa di San Salvatore in Ceraseto, church outside the city walls.
- Chiesa di Santa Maria Assunta in cielo, church just outside the city walls.
- Confraternita del SS Sacramento, home to the art collection Raccolta d' Arte di San Giuseppe.
- Convento di Sant'Antonio, 1490 by the Franciscan Monastery arisen just outside Paciano Vecchio, contained a picture of Paciano Master, which was spent in 1872 in the National Gallery of Umbria in Perugia.
- Palazzo Cennini, building from the late 16th century.
- Santuario della Madonna della Stella, built from 1572 to 1579 Sanctuary just outside the city walls. Contains frescoes by Scilla Pecennini from the 16th century.
- City gates Porta Fiorentina and Porta Rastrella from the 13th century. The third Porta Perugina is a recent one.
- Torre d' Orlando, tower in the oldest part of the town.
- Fontaines, Yonne, France, since 1996
- Mosman, Mosman Municipality, Australia, since 1998