Long Scheid is a municipality in the district of Mayen -Koblenz in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality Vordereifel, which has its administrative headquarters in Mayen. Long Scheid is a nationally recognized tourist.
Long Scheid is located northwest of Mayen between Laacher See and Nürburgring on the south side of 555 m above sea level in the Vordereifel. NN high Wabelsbergs. To the south, the terrain drops into the valley of Arfter Bach. At long Scheid and the living space belongs Falkenleymühle.
The development of the population of Long Scheid, the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
The local council in Langscheid consists of six council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 by majority vote, and the honorary mayor as chairman.
Coat of arms
The coat of arms description reads: "shield of silver divided over red, above a red cross bar, down a silver lily ".
Culture and sights
The place was several times in the competition "Our village is beautiful " excellent.
Langscheid belongs to the Catholic church parish of St. Quirin and Dionysius Langenfeld. The Chapel of St. Lazarus was built in 1847.
A popular hiking destination is the Wacholderheide. The area is accessed by the excellent as Traumpfad juniper trail which goes 15 km through the juniper protected areas Heidbüchel, Raßberg, Menke Park, Wolfsberg and Büsch mountain in the neighboring town Arft and Wabelsberg.