Bermel is a municipality in the district of Mayen -Koblenz in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality Vordereifel, which has its administrative headquarters in Mayen.


The municipality lies in the Eifel region. In the north of Elzbach forms the municipal boundary. In addition to the eponymous place, there is the district of window soaps as well as the residential places Bermelermühle, Book yards and Heunenhof. The district Güttgeshof has grown together with the village for decades.


Bermel belonged to the end of the 18th century kurtrierischen Office Monreal and the high court Masburg. The high court Masburg was a fief of the Counts of Virneburg. In Trier fire book from 1563 13 hearths (households) are listed in Bermel.


Parish council

The local council in Bermel consists of eight council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 by majority vote, and the honorary mayor as chairman.

Coat of arms

The coat of arms description reads: " Over red sign foot is three golden diamonds, in silver, a blue, diagonally left wave beams, above a green zweiblättriger Oak branch with acorn, below a blue chisel mallet with crossed ".


In Bermel a local museum exists.

In the Elz valley below Bermel there was already a settlement in the Roman period, whose foundations are currently being excavated. A figure of the goddess Fortuna found here is located in the Rheinische Landesmuseum in Bonn. Other corpus of rarities are to be visited in Bermeler local museum.

Nature reserve

The former basalt quarry near Hochbermel (570 m) has been shut down since the late 1970s and is now protected. In recent years, a rare habitat has formed in the quarry and in the dumps, many amphibians here and in the adjacent book Hochwald have their home.


Around the Hochbermel leads the designated trail " Hochbermeler ".