The place is located northwest of Munstermaifeld on the road to Gappenach. The village was Gierschnach multiple winners of the competition "Our village is beautiful ."
Gierschnach was first mentioned in 1208 as Girsnack when the abbey of Sayn reported there just a possession. In 1224 the monastery of Marienberg ( Boppard ) is well off there. 1563 included the town under the name Girschnach 16 and 1684 eight fireplaces. Gorgeous country they belonged to the late 18th century to the Electorate of Trier and was under the administration of the Office Münster- May- field. Gierschnach, formerly known as Girschenach, was the seat of a home Burgers in High Court in Münster - May- field.
The development of the population of Gierschnach, the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
The local council in Gierschnach consists of six council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 a personalized proportional representation, and the honorary mayor as chairman. The six seats in the municipal council are divided into two groups of voters.
Coat of arms
Since 1963 Gierschnach does the following coat of arms: "Under a silver shield head, is a red cross bar, split; forward in a blue oblique defined golden crosier topped with a golden miter; back twelve times admit changes of silver and red. "
The coat of arms in the left column indicates the Walpoden of Gierschnach. Miter and crosier refer to the local chapel patron Saint Nicholas.