The village lies on the Mosel heights in the Hunsrück. In the district there are nearly 500 hectares of forest.
Southwest of the village, near the driveway toward Eveshausen, found Michael Hammes ( Arrata eV ) a fragment of a rock picked Oval ax, dating to the Neolithic period. Comparable findings have been discovered since 2005 in Mermuth, Beulich, Morshausen and top coat.
In the Old Kingdom was one of the quirks dreiherrischen Beltheimer court.
The local council in quirks consists of eight council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 by majority vote, and the honorary mayor as chairman.
Coat of arms
Blazon: " Divided by decreased golden beam, split up of silver and blue, front a red cross bar, behind a golden church, in the green sign foot a silver plow ".
The coat of arms has been operational since 1980.
- Brigitta Chapel from 1910
- Otto Andrew's observation tower
See also: List of cultural monuments in quirks
- Kindergarten ( half-day)
In quirks, there is a Catholic church.
- Catholic parish of St. Kastor, Macken
- Office of the Dean: May Field - Untermosel
- Visitation District: Koblenz
- Diocese of Trier
The Old Rectory is no longer ecclesiastical possession.
- Bachelors club quirks e.V.
- Women's Association quirks e.V.
- Sports club
- Volunteer Fire Macken
- Friends of the kindergarten "Rainbow " eV Macken
- Organ Building St. Kastor Macken
- MGV Beulich quirks - Morshausen
- FC Bayern Fan Club "Red Star quirks "
- Parish council Macken