Bassenheim is a municipality in the district of Mayen -Koblenz in Rhineland -Palatinate, and is about 10 km from Koblenz. It belongs to the municipality Weissenthurm.
- 3.1 municipal
- 3.2 Coat of Arms
- 3.3 Twin towns
- 4.1 Therapy Center Bassenheim
- 6.1 Growing up in Bassenheim
- 6.2 Connected to Bassenheim
The annual rainfall is 646 mm. The deposits are located in the lower third of the detected values in Germany. In 30 % of the stations of the German Weather Service lower values are registered. The driest month is February, the most rainfall comes in July. Fall in July 1.8 times more rainfall than in February. Rainfall is fairly evenly distributed throughout the year. At 33% of the monitoring stations, lower seasonal swings are recorded.
Bassenheim was a rich direct rule, which was for centuries and until the end of the 18th century in the sole possession of the family of Waldbott Bassenheim. According to her, the government has also named.
The local council in Bassenheim consists of 20 council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 in a personalized proportional representation, and the honorary mayor as chairman.
Allocation of seats in the elected municipal council:
Coat of arms
Blazon: "Twelve specialist confess changes of silver and red, topped with a big red heart sign is a golden orb in perspective ."
The coat of arms of the municipality Bassenheim builds on these historical facts in such a way that it is, a big red heart sign pointing to the crocheted changed from silver and red shield of Waldbott that emerges as a shield edge, where a golden orb stands as a symbol of imperial immediacy.
The local colors are similar to those of family Waldbott red and white.
The award of the coat of arms of the municipality Bassenheim was pronounced with certificate of the Upper Rhine province under President of 18 February 1936.
- Pasym, Poland
With today's Pasym, the former East Prussian Passenheim, since 1988, friendly relations. But the historical relations are much older: The village Heinrichswalde founded by the Teutonic Knights in 1386 received city rights. The first town in Masuria was given in honor of the supreme Spittler and Commander of the Teutonic Order, Siegfried Walpot of Bassenheim, the name " Bassenheim ". The East Prussia made it " Passenheim ", the Poles called it back in the 19th century " Pasym ". So it is now officially called and performs the coat of arms was introduced by Siegfried Walpot of Bassenheim even today. Pasym situated between the large and the Kalbensee Lelskersee 30 km southeast of Olsztyn ( Olstyn ), has a huge district ( approximately 15,000 acres ) and 5,000 inhabitants, of whom 2500 in the city who live in rural areas other.
- Pougues -les -Eaux, France
Pougues -les -Eaux, 11 km from Koblenz twin city Nevers / Loire, was known in the 16th century for its thermal springs. Until 1971 the city was the seaside resort. In the former parkland today is a casino that attracts many visitors. The town has 2500 inhabitants. The partnership relationships have been created since 1989, bonds of friendship between the tennis clubs of both places; they were officially adopted in 1994. Since 1 September 1993 is the friendship circle Bassenheim / Pougues -les -Eaux.
Therapy center Bassenheim
Charlotte Oppenheim founded after the death of Abraham Oppenheim 1885 " From Oppenheim'sche - hospital " that was in 1888 expanded to a kindergarten and a sewing school. For the establishment of the " Von- Oppenheim'sche hospital " donated the Charlotte community Bassenheim the construction site with an additional 5,000 m² of land and 400,000 marks. The hospital was intended for medical care for the poor, infirm and sick. After it was closed in 1977 could be passed as a " treatment center Bassenheim " for psychosomatic patients in 1984 to the public the building after restoration and extension works of usage.
Culture and sights
The most famous work of art bass home is the Bassenheimer riding in the parish church of St. Martin, which originates from the Mainz Cathedral Martins -relief of the 13th century.
The Bassenheim castle was since the 13th century belonged to the archbishops of Trier, later it became the headquarters of the ministry officials of Bassenheim. It is owned by the noble family not accessible from the east and to the public.
In Bassenheim a part of the Jewish cemetery could be preserved despite the devastation of the Nazi regime.
Near the village of Carmel Mountain, a cinder cone of volcanic origin, whereupon the Lady Chapel is located, and the Goloring lie.
See also: List of cultural monuments in Bassenheim
In honor of Siegfried Walpot Bassenheim, commander and chief Spittler in the State of the Teutonic Knights in East Prussia in 1386 was the first city in the name of Mazury Bassenheim (later Passenheim, today Polish Pasym and Bassenheimer partner city).
Having grown up in Bassenheim
- Christian Nicolay (born 1976 ), athlete, 2006 German champion in the javelin
- Jens Tiedtke ( b. 1979 ), athlete, handball player
- Rolf women ( born 1957 ), economist, University Lecturer in Business Administration
- Karl -Josef Häfner ( born 1952 ), mayor of the municipality Kelberg / Eifel
Connected to Bassenheim
- Julius Raschdorff (1823-1914), architect
- Charlotte Oppenheim (1811-1887)
- Helene Nostic (1878-1944), writer; Niece of the later Reich President Paul von Hindenburg; died in Bassenheim
- Claude Hettier de Bois Lambert (1906-1986), military governor of Rhineland, then Rhineland -Palatinate from 1945 to 1951, resided in the castle Bassenheimer
Information board on the history
Center ( Walpot Square) with church
City Hall on Walpot Square ( 1720)
Rentamt ( Walpot Square)
Castle (private property of the East)
Castle, photographed from the perimeter of
Chapel on the hill above Carmel Bassenheim