Andernach ( dialect: Plääd ) is a municipality in the district of Mayen- Koblenz in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality Pellenz which has its administrative headquarters is in the town of Andernach. Andernach is situated on the small river Nette and houses the information center of the volcano park of the district Mayen -Koblenz.
Andernach was first mentioned in 895 in a deed as Bleide.
By the end of the 18th century belonged to the Electorate of Trier Andernach and was part of the administrative and judicial, district, Pellenz, who was last subordinate to the Office Monreal.
In 1794, French revolutionary troops had occupied the left bank of the Rhine. From 1798 to 1814 Andernach belonged to the canton of Andernach the Rhine- Moselle department and was under the administration of the Mairie Saffig. Because of the Congress of Vienna (1815 ) agreements, the region was assigned to the Kingdom of Prussia. Under the Prussian administration Andernach belonged from 1816 to the newly formed district of Mayen in the Region of Koblenz and from 1822 to the Rhine province and was part of the mayor's Andernach. 1858 was Plaidt with the former municipalities or villages Eich, Kretz, Kruft, Miesenheim, Namedy and Nickenich part of the mayor by FJ Weygold newly formed " mayor Andernach -Land", which was renamed in 1927 to "Official Andernach country".
The local council in Andernach consists of 22 council members who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 a proportional representation, and the honorary mayor as chairman.
The distribution of seats in the local council:
Coat of arms
Blazon: " em, top right in blue a slight right slant golden ear, next to a silver millstone, top left in gold two diagonally crossed blue stone tools, double-headed and simple, with red stems, bottom right in silver a red continuous beams cross and bottom left Green in a silver wave oblique beams. "
Originally the site of nine farms and seven water mills on the icons indicate ear and millstone. Some stone tools are taken from an old commune seal of 1796. These point to the stone industry towards (basalt and tuff ), which is attributed to the Roman period. The red cross on a white ( silver ) Basic points to the country's former domination of the Electorate of Trier, the silver shaft oblique bar in the green field symbolizes the flats, which flows through town and corridors. Cute and Trier Cross are also components of the municipality coat of arms.
The " Realschule plus Pellenz " has existed since 1974, first as a high school Pellenz. In 1999, the school changed in Regional School Pellenz and secondary school Pellenz, 2004 Regional School Pellenz. Since 2008, the Regional School Pellenz is all-day school; beginning of the school year 2009/10 it received the name Realschule plus Pellenz. From the school year 2010/2011, the 5th year of the new comprehensive school (IGS ) is introduced into the secondary school plus Pellenz is converted over the next five years in which she is called IGS Pellenz and junior high school plus Pellenz. Currently, over 850 students attend the school. Many travel from the suburbs to the bus.
Since 1999, write two teachers of this school, Martin Becker and Hans Bretz, successful musicals (among the mysterious music box, Ba -Ba- Balla, A wonderful friendship and Lissi - how it all began ). For this they received on 24 May 2007 the Culture Prize of the district Mayen -Koblenz. 2005/ 06 the two teachers called a music show to life with the title World Cup Kulttour - On to Berlin, inter alia, with Thomas Anders, the Mainz Hofsängern and Juventus Vocalis. The musical ensemble of the school at this time was an official cultural ambassador of the State of Rhineland -Palatinate occasion of the Football World Cup 2006. 2011 received the Realschule plus the country's Prevention Award RLP for their violence prevention activities under the long-standing musical projects. In addition to the Realschule plus Pellenz Plaidt also has a primary school.