- 4.1 Attractions
- 4.2 Education
- 4.3 Civil Hauswald Esch
Located at the edge of the Koblenz City Forest, Forest Esch is also referred to as the gateway to the Hunsrück. The place has its own exit on the A 61
Southwest of forest ash flows from the Konderbach, a right tributary of the Moselle.
Was first documented forest Esch 1019 (then Asch ) in a deed. At that time about suitable Emperor Henry II the nunnery Kaufungen the site (see record under Trimbs ).
However, the area was settled earlier because around burial mounds are present and temporally matching utensils were found.
The old Roman road from Koblenz to Trier, the (327 B) follows the current Hunsrückhöhenstraße on long road snags, runs right past the place.
1944 since 1906 existing Catholic Pfarrvikarie St. Anthony was elevated to a parish. 1951 Dieblicher districts Naßheck and Mary Roth from the parish Dieblich in the parish of St. Anthony Forest Esch were umgepfarrt.
The local council in Waldesch consists of 16 council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 of personalized proportional representation, and the honorary mayor as chairman.
Allocation of seats in the elected municipal council:
With Lucenay- lès -Aix in Burgundy is a partnership since 1966.
Culture and sights
- Catholic Parish Church of St. Anthony with Calvary and other figures
- Rectory and other half-timbered houses in the village
- Temple of Mercury and the Roman Villa in the neighboring city of Koblenz forest
- King chair of Rhens and old town of Rhens
In forest Esch has its own primary school for the community and a kindergarten in sponsorship of the Catholic church.
Citizens Hauswald Esch
Cultural events, village festivals, carnivals and Christmas market held newly built town house in the center of the village in 1997.
Church of St. Anthony