Low Fell is a municipality in the Terrassenmosel in the district of Mayen -Koblenz in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality Untermosel, which has its administrative headquarters in Kobern -Gondorf.
Low Fell is a nationally recognized tourist.
- 4.1 Structures
- 4.2 Regular events
- 5.1 Viticulture
- 5.2 traffic
- 5.3 Facilities
- 5.4 Education
Low Fell is located about 17 kilometers from Koblenz and about 33 kilometers from Cochem on the right bank of the Moselle. Neighboring municipalities are upriver and downriver Oberfell Dieblich. Opposite is Gondorf, a village in the municipality Kobern -Gondorf.
At low fur include the district Kühr and some farms lying on the Moselhöhe.
Probably low fur was already inhabited in Roman times. However, there are only scant finds from this period.
In two documents of Trier Archbishop Poppo about donations to the Abbey of St. Mary, one of them dating 1030, Lower Fell is mentioned as Velle. The documents refer to an older deed of Archbishop Egbertus from the year 980 980 This leads to the conclusion that there the place already.
Lower coat belonged to the Electoral-Trier Office Munstermaifeld and covered by the Trier fire book in 1563 (edited by S. Brommer 166) 33 fireplaces ( in some households). At that time the cathedral chapter of Trier had the right to occupy the mayor of the court. As " Vogt Junker " received Emmerich von Eltz two annual load of wine.
During the Thirty Years' War, the town was destroyed several times. For this reason, no medieval buildings have been preserved. 1798 was the then Mairie Low Fell to the canton of Boppard. In the course of the Prussian administrative reorganization of the place came to the mayor's office and the county Brodenbach Sankt Goar. Since 1970 Low Fell belongs to the district of Mayen- Koblenz.
The development of the population, the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
The local council in Lower fur consists of 16 council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 by majority vote, and the honorary mayor as chairman.
Coat of arms
Since the local Jubilee of 1980, when low- fur celebrated its 1,000 th anniversary, the community performs a coat of arms. The blue pole in the middle is reminiscent of the only detectable at low coat noble family of the doll of low fur (probably extinct in 1364 ). The red lance and the bishop's staff are available for the parish patron Lambertus, while the red key refers to Saint Peter as the patron of Trier. The Trier Cathedral Chapter was for centuries the largest vineyard Kühr.
Culture and sights
The Parish Church of St. Lambertus was built in 1792 with a roof skylights and expanded in the years 1871 and 1872. The tower dates from 1955. Worth seeing is the baroque altar group from 1773, originally in Prämonstratenserinnenkloster in Maria Roth, today a district of Dieblich, stood and in 1794 by the courageous intervention of some low- Feller citizens from destruction by the French could be saved.
- Every year in summer the wineries Festival.
- Every year on the weekend of Pentecost the fire festival of FF Low Fell takes place.
- In September is the Lambertus fair.
Economy and infrastructure
Low Fell is part of the " wine field Cochem " in the Mosel region. In the town three wineries operate, the area under vines is 15 ha Approximately 90 % of the cultivated wine are white wine varietals ( 2007).
- Lower Feller Goldlay
- Lower Feller Kahllay
- Lower Feller subjects
On the banks of the Moselle B along leads 49 through the town. There is a regular bus towards Koblenz and castles. The ferry to Gondorf was discontinued in the fall of 1974 after the construction of the bridge between Löf and alkene. Since 1977 there is a bridge connection between low fur and Kobern- Gondorf, where there is a railway station on the route Mosel Koblenz -Trier.
In the district Kühr a great care center for people with intellectual disabilities is under the direction of the Servants of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus. This was inaugurated in 1900 as a nursing home Sacred Heart House Kühr.
The village has its own primary school for the local community. It is a so-called dwarf school. The children of the first and second class, and the children of the third and fourth grade are taught together in each case only two classrooms.
Hiking, information board
Church of Saint Lambertus
View from the Hitzlay above Niederfell upriver to Upper Fell ( left) and Kattenes (right)