Oberfell is a municipality in the Terrassenmosel in the district of Mayen -Koblenz in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality Untermosel, which has its administrative headquarters in Kobern -Gondorf. Oberfell is a nationally recognized tourist.

  • 4.1 Structures
  • 4.2 Regular events
  • 5.1 Viticulture
  • 6.1 traffic
  • 6.2 Education
  • 7.1 Sons and daughters of the town
  • 8.1 Ortsneckname


Geographical location

Oberfell is located about 21 kilometers from Koblenz and about 29 kilometers from Cochem on the right bank of the Moselle. Neighboring municipalities are upriver and downriver low alkene fur.

The municipality is located predominantly in the slip of a Moselle bend on the Schwemmfläche of leading- from the Hunsrück upper Feller Bach and at the ascending slope to the Hunsrück.


Like other communities of the Lower Moselle is Oberfell climatically favored in one of the warmest regions in Germany.


The territory was inhabited in prehistoric and early historic times. On the lying above the village Bleidenberg a Celtic post slot wall and a medieval Blidenstellung were documented during archaeological excavations. It can be assumed that a more intensive settlement during the Iron Age (from about 800 BC. ). Individual finds a place first settlement already close in the Neolithic period. Partly reader finds probably date from the early Paleolithic.

In the Old Kingdom Oberfell, as well as the neighboring alkene was one each for half the Erzstiften Trier and Cologne. In time it became Prussian in 1816 assigned to the district Sankt Goar in the Region of Koblenz. Today Oberfell belongs to the municipality Untermosel.

The development of the population, the values ​​from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:

Parish council

The local council in Oberfell consists of 16 council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 a personalized proportional representation, and the honorary mayor as chairman.

Allocation of seats in the local council:

Culture and sights


The Bleidenberg above the village lying was secured by a Celtic post slot wall that probably encompassed the entire plateau of the mountain. A similar finding was backed up during archaeological excavations in 2001. The municipality did reconstruct a part of the wall at the site in order to illustrate the proportions. On the Bleidenberg above the town, a pilgrimage church, which was built in 1248 by the then Archbishop of Trier and consecrated. The Catholic parish church of St. Nicholas was built in the 14th century, the Romanesque church tower and the painting could be obtained. The Old Rectory is one of the oldest surviving building in the village. Upstairs, the home museum of the community is set up.

Regular events

On the first weekend of every September instead of the wine fair. On the third weekend in October, the local bachelors club will host the bachelor party. One week before the summer holidays, the Serenade concert will be held. Since 1248 one week after Pentecost is a procession to the Bleidenbergkirche. The promotion of culture Oberfell regularly hosts concerts, theater, comic, etc. in the wine barn Birnbach, Mosella Hall, St. Nicholas Parish Church, pilgrimage church on the Bleidenberg, cultural site " Old Presbytery "

Economy and infrastructure


Oberfell part of the " wine field Cochem " in the Mosel region. In the town three wineries operate, the area under vines is 1 ha Approximately 82% of the cultivated wine are white wine varietals ( 2007).


  • Upper Feller Rosenberg
  • Upper Feller Goldlay, about the upper Feller Brown Mountain


  • On the banks of the Moselle B along leads 49 past the place. It combines Koblenz Cochem. A leading towards Hunsrück highway connects Oberfell with Pfaffenheck at the Hunsrückhöhenstraße (B 327 ).
  • It a regular bus service which connects Oberfell with Koblenz and castles.
  • During the summer months set the cruise ships of the Köln- Düsseldorf in Oberfell.
  • Furthermore Oberfell part of the water trail Mosel.


The community has a primary school, a kindergarten, and a school of music.


Sons and daughters of the town

  • Sonja Christ (since June 4, 2011 Sonja Christ - Brendemühl ), Mosel Wine Queen 2008/2009 German Wine Queen 2009/2010


Oberfell received in 2005 a gold medal in state competition Our village has a future.


A modern monument in the center commemorates the Ortsnecknamen Moosrebber. The inscription states: In the war year of 1917, the government called for foliage collection for the needy animals. For a talent of 18 marks have been paid. The upper Feller were the most industrious and accumulated 270 talents ... and how the irony would have it, the top Feller "Moss ( money ) rebber " were henceforth in the neighboring towns mentioned. Even the local Möhnen club called Fidele Moosrebber.


Moosrebber Memorial

Sanctuary on the Bleidenberg