Welschbach is a municipality in the district of Mayen -Koblenz in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality Vordereifel, which has its administrative headquarters in Mayen.


Welschbach is located in the Eifel region in the conservation area " Rhein- Ahr -Eifel ". The municipality is divided into the districts of Upper and Lower Welschbach Welschbach.


The history of the town is characterized by its proximity to the castle Virneburg, where the gentlemen and later Earl of Virneburg were established. Their ownership came in the 17th century to the Counts of Löwenstein- Wertheim. 1794 that the left bank of the Rhine and French Welschbach the Mairie Virneburg in the Rhine- Moselle department has been assigned. This was later continued by Prussia in 1815 in the form of a mayor, as an official in the district Adenau. 1910 were counted in Welschbach 134 inhabitants. The Office Virneburg was dissolved in 1934, Welschbach came now to the Official Mayen country and in 1970 to the municipality of the same name, which was renamed in community association Vordereifel 2002.

The development of the population of Welschbach, the values ​​from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:


Welschbach belongs to the parish of St. Quirin and Dionysius in Langenfeld.


Parish council

The local council in Welschbach consists of six council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 by majority vote, and the honorary mayor as chairman.

Coat of arms

The coat of arms description reads: "In gold, on a lowered blue wave bar a red cross talk with crozier, accompanied by two green ears of corn, down a black hammer. "


The Welsch Bacher children attend primary school in Herre Bach. The competent Realschule plus is located in Nachtsheim, as well as the high school and junior high school in Adenau and Mayen.


The place is indeed connected to the power line of the VRM, but it run a few buses, mainly for school transport.