To Hatzenport includes the living spaces on Bischofstein and Betzemerhof.
The name is derived from the Latin name Hattonis porta, that is, the port or the Gate of Trier Archbishop Hetti ( term 814-847 ).
Hatzenport was first documented in 1135.
The church today Hatzenport arose on June 12, 1994 spin-off of the eponymous hamlet of the town of Löf. Previously, the town of Löf was re-formed on 31 December 1975 from the previously independent municipalities Hatzenport, Kattenes and Löf.
The local council in Hatzenport consists of twelve council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 of personalized proportional representation, and the honorary mayor as chairman. The twelve seats are distributed among four groups of voters.
The distribution of seats in the local council:
Landmark of the Mosel town is the old ferry tower ( foundation stone was laid in 1863 ). The significant since the 16th century ferry service was discontinued in 1972 Löf / Alken after the bridge. Furthermore, worth seeing are the old location above the village of Gothic parish church of St. John, the new 1869/70, built by Hermann fog Catholic parish church of St. Roch and the old rectory, a timber-framed building, which is located below the old church in the upper road; where there is a cider house today.
In Hatzenport about 2 kilometers upriver, situated in the municipality Lasserg, a district of Munstermaifeld the castle Bischofstein.
See also: List of cultural monuments in Hatzenport
Johannes church in the vineyards
Economy and infrastructure
Hatzenport part of the " wine field Cochem " in the Mosel region. In place five wineries operate, the area under vines is 12 hectares. Approximately 88 % of the cultivated wine are white wine varietals (as of 2010 ).
- Hatzenporter castle Bischofstein
- Hatzenporter Kirchberg
- Hatzenporter Stolzenberg
Hatzenport has a station on the Mosel route, run it there regional trains on the line between Koblenz and Trier. Since 2005 there is a new railway station building located in the city, the former train station is in the direction of Bishop Castle stone and was shut down with the opening of the new station. There is also a bus service to Munstermaifeld.