Boos, Mayen-Koblenz

Boos is a municipality in the district of Mayen -Koblenz in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality Vordereifel, which has its administrative headquarters in Mayen.


The district is located in the East Eifel maars characterized by and covers an area of ​​10.38 km ², of which 5.02 km ² forest. In 2000, 1.52 km ² comprehensive nature reserve was " Booser Maar " reported.

Boos is the most western municipality of the district of Mayen- Koblenz, in the Vulkan Eifel, approximately five kilometers south-east of the Nürburgring. North West of the town is since 2003 the Booser Eifel Tower on the 557 -meter-high snow mountain with a view, inter alia, on the Booser Doppelmaar.


1238 the village was first mentioned in the gift of Count Hermann von Virneburg to the monastery Himmerod. She shared for centuries the fate of the county. After the extinction of Virneburger 1545 Boos came to the von Manderscheid - Schleiden. After they died in 1593 Kurtrier took the rule and made the Manderscheidern introduced by the Reformation reversed. After the annexation of the Eifel region of France 1794/95, a 20 -year-old French rule began. After Boos came to the Prussian Rhine Province. 1817 Boos came to the mayoralty Mayen. On May 15, 1880, part of it was destroyed by a fire in the village.

After World War II temporarily occupied by the Americans.


Parish council

The local council in Boos consists of twelve council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 by majority vote, and the honorary mayor as chairman.

Coat of arms

The coat of arms description reads: "By wandered into blue tip, is two intertwined silver rings, split, front silver in the red Kurtrierer cross, back in gold a red diamond ."

Approved by the district government Koblenz on 18 January 1988. During the diamond is reminiscent of the county Virneburg, have the rings on the monastery Himmerod.


Since 1799 Boos is its own parish. The parish church of St. Bartholomew was built according to plans by Johann Claudius von Lassaulx 1837-39 and 1896 extended. Since 1998, the parish is part of the new Deanery Mayen Mendig.


Boos is part of the transport association Rhein-Mosel. With the bus lines 334 and 343 of the Rhein- Mosel- transport company as well as the call -and-near traffic service ( ANDi ) consists weekdays connect to the train stations and Monreal Mayen Ost Pellenz -Eifel -Bahn Emperor Esch- Andernach.

By Boos B runs 410 The nearest motorway junction is Laubach on the A 48


  • Domenica Niehoff (known as Domenica ), one of the most famous former prostitute in Germany, lived several years in Boos, until they again moved to Hamburg in 2008.


Parish Church of St. Bartholomew

Explanation of the term " Krotzen " on a display board