Lonnig on the May Field is a municipality in the district of Mayen -Koblenz in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality May Field, which has its headquarters in the city Polch.


The village is situated close to the A48, take the Ochtendung on the so-called Carmel ridge. Neighboring towns are Kobern- Gondorf Ochtendung and Rüber. Lonnig has its own primary school and a kindergarten.


Landmark Lonnig is the tower of the Catholic Parish Church of St. James the Greater in the Rhenish transitional style from the 13th century. From Springiersbach from here 1128 a regulated Augustinian Canons was founded, but which was laid in 1326 to Mayen (later St. Clement ). Remains of the Romanesque collegiate church ( tower and choir ) found that of Lassaulx built by Johann Claudius new use in the 19th century.

The hermit and later abbot Norbert of Xanten Liudolf influenced.


Parish council

The local council in Lonnig consists of 16 council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 a proportional representation, and Peter Müller, the honorary mayor as chairman. The 16 seats in the City Council are distributed among three groups of voters.

Coat of arms

The blazon is: " Divided by a blue tip is swept, in a silver church front in silver, a green Three mountain, about a green scale, back in silver a red beams cross. "