Agree is a municipality in the district of Mayen -Koblenz in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality May Field, which has its headquarters in the city Polch. Agree located 3 km from Polch away. Today in Agree very little farming is done. There was referring to " The Middle Rhine basin " in 2003, only three full- time farmers. Neighboring municipalities are Mertloch and Gering, nearest large town is Mayen.
Agree was first mentioned in 1103. At that time, the Mainz Stephansstift over appropriated the then Inika place called the monastery Ravengiersburg. In 1424 it fell to the Electorate of Trier.
After Trier fire book of 1563 nine fireplaces were counted in Agree. 1680 a chapel was mentioned. The present church was built in 1909. In the new church, the choir of the old chapel sacristy remained.
The development of the population of Agree, the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
The council is composed of six council in Agree members who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 by majority vote, and the honorary mayor as chairman.
Coat of arms
The blazon is: " Over red sign foot with a burning golden oil lamp in Gold 7 (4:3) as red diamonds bar ".
The coat of arms is composed of the coat of arms of the von Virneburg (diamonds) and the symbol of Saint Lucia, the patron saint of the church.
In the village there is a ladle.
See also: List of cultural monuments in Agree
Choir of the Church
Interior of the church