Kirchwald is a municipality in the district of Mayen -Koblenz in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality Vordereifel, which has its administrative headquarters in Mayen. Kirchwald is a nationally recognized health resort.
Kirchwald located 8 km north- west of Mayen in the conservation area " Rhein- Ahr -Eifel ". Districts are the two immediately adjacent places Kirchesch and wood ash. The municipality also includes the living spaces Cottage Scratch and Riedener mills.
The district consists of 58 percent of forest land and 28 percent of agricultural land (as of 2010 ).
The oldest written mention of Kirchesch comes on 10 December 1136. Yet again comes the name in a document dated November 25, 1238 before. In 1366 bought the Counts of Eltz Kirchesch from the Abbey Steinfeld. On January 21, 1472, the rule Breitbach Bürresheim Waldesch bought from the rule Olbrück.
In 1700 a schoolhouse was built in Kirchesch, 1713 there are teachers detectable. The old school house was in 1826 replaced by a new building. The present church shear schoolhouse was built in 1936 /37.
In forest Esch in 1894 a new school house is built.
Between cherry and ash woods Ash an aqueduct was built in 1909.
On 7 June 1969, the municipality Kirchwald from the two communities resolved Kirchesch (then 493 inhabitants) (292 inhabitants) is newly formed and forest Esch.
The development of the population of Kirchwald based on the present-day municipality; the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
The first pastor is a document called on 25 January 1269 the first known church built 1620-1630. 1906/ 07 a new parish church was built in Kirchesch.
The 1989 is a listed rectory was built in 1722. A second was built in 1912/13, in the village.
The local council in Kirchwald consists of twelve council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 a proportional representation, and the honorary mayor as chairman.
Allocation of seats in the elected municipal council:
Coat of arms
The coat of arms description reads: "shield of red and silver divided diagonally, forward a golden, growing lion to the left, behind a red dragon ."
In Kirchesch a first restaurant was built in 1844, today inn Döbber. Conflagrations Search Kirchesch (1846 ) and forest Esch (1874 ) home. On June 23, 1882 Wilhelm Schäfer obtained from Waldesch a liquor license.
The bachelor club forest ash produced in 1890, the volunteer fire Kirchesch and wood ash are established in 1897.