1948â€“49 Serie A
The Serie A 1948/49, was the 16th season of the Italian Football League Serie A. It started the season on September 19, 1948. The last round was on June 5, 1949., The season as champion finished the Torino and was able to his previous title to defend. As a newly promoted AC Padua Palermo and Novara Calcio came to from the second division. In the series B dismount the Modena FC and the U.S. had to Livorno. The season has been shaken by the Superga air disaster, in which the entire crew of the Grande Torino from Torino, who had dominated Italian football the previous years, died.
The cross table presents the results of all games this season represents the home team is listed in the left column, the visiting team on the top line.
- Goal: Valerio Bacigalupo; Dino Ballarin; Renato Gandolfi; Guido Vandone
- Defense: Aldo Ballarin; Pietro Bersia; Sergio Lussu; Sergio Mari; Virgilio Maroso; Umberto motto; Piero Operto; Mario Rigamonti; Sauro Toma
- Midfielders: Pietro Biglino; Eusebio Castigliano; Rubens Fadini; Oscar Ferrari; Antonio Gianmarinaro; Luigi Giuliano; Giuseppe Grezar; Ezio Loik; Lando Macchi; Danilo Martelli; Julius Schubert
- Forwards: Mario Audisio; Alfio Balbiano; Émile Bongiorni; Andrea Francone; Guglielmo Gabetto; Roger Grava; Giuseppe Marchetto; Valentino Mazzola; Romeo Menti; Franco Ossola
- Coach: Leslie Lievesley, later Oberdan Ussello
- Technical Director: Ernő Erbstein, later Roberto Copernico