1988â€“89 Serie A
The Serie A 1988/89 was the 56th season of the Italian Football League Serie A. It started the season on 14 September 1986. Promoted as the FC Bologna, Lecce, Lazio and Atalanta came from Serie B to do so. The season as champions ended Inter Milan and thus became the successor to the AC Milan. The qualification for the European Champions Cup and managed Inter Milan as the winner in the European Cup of Champions 1988/89. For the UEFA Cup, the SSC Napoli, Juventus Turin and Bergamo, Fiorentina and AS Roma qualified played from a fourth UEFA Cup hopefuls, where Florence was able to prevail 1-0 up. About the Coppa Italia to Sampdoria secured the participation in the European Cup Winners' Cup the following year. Relegated to the Serie B Torino Calcio had, Pescara Calcio, Pisa Calcio Como and SC.
The cross table presents the results of all games this season represents the home team is listed in the left column, the visiting team on the top line.
(in brackets the matches and goals are specified)
- Goal: Astutillo Malgioglio (1 / - ); Walter Zenga (33 / -)
- Defense: Giuseppe Bergomi (32/ 1); Andreas Brehme (31/ 3); Riccardo Ferri ( 31 / - ); Romano Galvani (3 / - ); Pasquale Rocco (1 / - ); Corrado verdelli (20 / -)
- Midfielders: Giuseppe Baresi (32 / - ); Nicola Berti (32/ 7); Alessandro Bianchi (31/ 3); Andrea Mandorlini (26/ 2); Gianfranco Matteoli (32/ 2); Lothar Matthäus (32/ 9); Alberto Rivolta (1 / -)
- Storm: Ramon Diaz (33/ 12); Pietro Fanna (13 / - ); Dario Morello (10/ 1); Aldo Serena (33 /22)
- Coach Giovanni Trapattoni