1977â€“78 Serie A
The season 1977/78 was the 47th season of the series A. It began on September 11, 1977 and ended on 7 May 1978. Juventus won his second scudetto in a row. After a mixed season start Movers Lane Rossi Vicenza managed thanks capocannoniere Paolo Rossi, who scored 24 goals, the leap to second place and was runner-up. This was also the biggest success of the club's history. The quartet Torino Calcio AC Milan, Inter Milan and Napoli completed the starting field of the international participants for next season.
The CFC Genoa, Pescara Calcio U.S. Foggia and dismounted in the B series. The Fiorentina managed in the league thanks to a better goal against Genoa CFC and U.S. Foggia.
On October 30, 1977 Renato Curi died in the service of AC Perugia, on the field. The home game against Juventus was terminated at the registry of 0:0 and evaluated with this result.
(in brackets the matches and goals are specified)
- Goalkeeper: Dino Zoff (30 / -)
- Defense: Antonio Cabrini (15 / - ); Antonello Cuccureddu (30/ 2); Giuseppe Furino (26 / - ); Claudio Gentile (28/ 3); Francesco Morini (26 / - ); Gaetano Scirea (29 / - ); Luciano Spinosi (5 / -)
- Midfielders: Romeo Benetti (27/ 5); Franco Causio (30/ 3); Pietro Fanna (13/ 2); Marco Tardelli (26/ 4), Vinicio Verza ( 5/1)
- Striker Roberto Bettega (30/ 11); Roberto Boninsegna (21/ 10); Pietro Paolo Virdis ( 10/1)
- Coach Giovanni Trapattoni