2005â€“06 Serie A
The 2005/06 season was the 76th season of the Serie A, they launched on 27 August 2005 and ended on 14 May 2006. The Scudetto, the Italian league titles, won the record champions Juventus. However, after uncovering the football scandal, was stripped of the Scudetto the people of Turin and Juve sentenced to relegation to Serie B. Also the fact runner AC Milan and Fiorentina were penalized as a party to the scandal and subject to high points deductions. Inter Milan to the league title was finally granted, who won his 14th Scudetto, the first of five consecutive titles in the coming years.
For the international cup competitions next Inter and AS Roma, AC Milan, AC Chievo Verona, Palermo, Livorno and Parma were qualified. In addition to forced relegated Juventus U.S. Lecce and Treviso FBC had to start the transition to Serie B on athletic track. The top scorer went to Luca Toni, who scored 31 goals for Fiorentina.
In case of equality, the direct comparison decides
- ° = Master title for Juventus was subsequently withdrawn because of match-fixing and awarded to Inter Milan.
- ° ° = AC Milan, Lazio and Fiorentina were due to match-fixing a point deduction of 30 points.
- ° ° ° = Juventus was relegated later after the season of the CAF to the last place.
- ° ° ° ° = FC Empoli got no license for the UEFA Cup. Thus this number went to Parma.
Relegated to Serie B - promoted from the Serie B
The cross table presents the results of all games this season represents the home team is listed in the left column, the visiting team on the top line.
(in brackets the matches and goals are specified)
- Goalkeepers: Julio Cesar (29 / - ); Francesco Toldo (8 / - ); Paolo Orlandoni (1 / -)
- Defense: Marco Andre Olli ( 2 / -); Leonardo Bonucci (1 / - ); Nicolás Burdisso (16 / - ); Iván Córdoba (34/ 4); Giuseppe Favalli (23 / - ); Marco Materazzi (21/ 2); Zé Maria (8 / - ); Sinisa Mihajlovic (5/1 ); Wálter Samuel (28/ 2); Pierre Wome (13 / - ); Javier Zanetti (26 / -)
- Midfielders: Ilario Aloe (1 / - ); Daniel Maa Boumsong (1 / - ); Esteban Cambiasso (34/ 5); César ( 8/1); Luis Figo (34/ 5); Kily González (15 / - ); David Pizarro ( 23/1 ); Santiago Solari ( 13/3 ); Dejan Stanković (23/ 2); Juan Verón (25 / - ); Cristiano Zanetti (13 / -)
- Storm: Adriano (30/ 13); Julio Ricardo Cruz (31/ 15); Domenico Germinale (1 / - ); Obafemi Martins (28/ 9); Alvaro Recoba (20/ 5)
- Coach: Roberto Mancini