1976â€“77 Serie A
The Serie A 1976/77 was the 44th season of the Italian Serie A. The season began on October 3, 1976, and ended on May 22, 1977. As a climber of Genoa, the U.S. Catanzaro and U.S. Foggia came from Serie B to. The championship won Juventus and thus became the successor to the AC Torino. By winning the championship Juventus allowed to participate in the European Cup of Champions 1977/78. For the UEFA Cup the following year, the Torino, the ACF Fiorentina, Inter Milan and Lazio qualified. AC Milan qualified as winning the Coppa Italia for the European Cup Winners' Cup 1977/78. Relegated to the B series had to Sampdoria, Catanzaro and AC Cesena. The Napoli got a point deducted for Fanausschreitungen.
The cross table presents the results of all games this season represents the home team is listed in the left column, the visiting team on the top line.
(in brackets the matches and goals are specified)
- Goalkeeper: Dino Zoff (30 / -)
- Defense: Antonio Cabrini (7 / - ); Antonello Cuccureddu (29/ 1); Giuseppe Furino (26/ 1); Claudio Gentile ( 29/1 ); Francesco Morini (26 / - ); Gaetano Scirea (30/ 1); Luciano Spinosi (7 / -)
- Midfielders: Romeo Benetti (30/ 4); Franco Causio (30/ 5); Alberto Marchetti (6 / - ); Marco Tardelli ( 28/4 )
- Striker Roberto Bettega (30/ 17); Roberto Boninsegna (29/ 10); Sergio Gori ( 7/1)
- Coach Giovanni Trapattoni