Lassan is one of the smallest cities in Germany, located in the state of Mecklenburg- Vorpommern. The place belongs to the district of Vorpommern - Greifswald and is managed by the Office on the river Peene.
- 5.1 Coat of Arms
Lassan with its old town worth seeing obtained is about 15 kilometers south of Wolgast and 15 kilometers northeast of Anklam on the west bank of the Peenestrom. Lassan is the eastern terminus of the tourist route " West Pomeranian village street ".
The coastal region is part of the nature park Usedom Island.
- Small Jasedow
- Pape village
- Warnekow ( Historical Wüstung )
The name of the landscape Lesane was 1136 and the place. The name changed in 1168 Lessan, 1177 Lessaz and already in 1295 in Lassan. The altpolabische Lešane possibly means " inhabitants of the forest ." Similarly also indicated Niemeyer: " forest dwellers ", also called " forest land".
The original Slavic fishing village with a castle was the center of the landscape Lesane. The place with the then German castle was first mentioned in 1136. From 1200 the dukes of Pomerania laid the place to schedule. It received city rights in 1274 and was named in 1291 as a civitas and 1299 as oppidum. Due to its favorable location on the river Peene the harbor and the city gained importance. By 1300 the hall church of St. John was built.
The city center with church, city walls and city hall was thoroughly renovated in the context of urban development since 1991. 1996 was the Wasserwanderrastplatz. Thereafter, the port space was expanded. On 7 June 2009 the then independent municipality Pulow was incorporated into Lassan.
History of the districts
Pape village was first mentioned as such in 1547. It is a German foundation, the name derives from Pape = pastor / priest. Since the nearest church in Lassan is the name origin is questionable.
Pulow was first mentioned in 1291 as " Pulowe " documentary. It is a Slavic settlement without name interpretation.
→ Main article: Pulow
Vorwerk was first documented in 1328 called as such. It is located north of Lassan and served with the properties for the entertainment of Lassan castle ( Castrum Lesane ).
Waschow In Waschow are three megalithic tombs.
Warnekow - Wüstung
Warnekow was first mentioned as such a document of 1432. It was an old Western Pomeranian town, which was abandoned due to the remoteness and poor transport links. The place was up in the 1970s still inhabited. Now only remember the dirt road with the tree planting and the completely scrubby orchards to the place.
Attractions and Culture
→ See: List of monuments in Lassan
- The elongated town of Lassan with her small-town atmosphere, the scenic waterfront location and the forests in the area are attractions for tourism.
- The Gothic brick - town church of St. John from the 13th/14th century. Century: Inside is an altar and a pulpit from the 18th century, both of which are from the workshop of Elias Kessler. The organ was built in 1832 by Carl August Buchholz.
- Remains of the medieval walls of Lassan
- Wooden front doors in Lassan show a remarkable diversity.
- Restored half-timbered houses, among other things, turning 32, 59, 76 and rectory in Lassan
- The Lassaner mill, partly from the 15th century, and the Friedrich-von - release wit hall are museum facilities that are eV supervised and managed by the community of interest local history Lassan. In addition to the old mill technology urban history exhibits and historic agricultural equipment and machinery are shown.
- Starting in 1962, commercial fishermen Pomeranian carpets were woven in Lassan. The competent PGH had folk art at the Baltic Sea in Long Street camp, as well as their workshop and dyeing. In total, around 20 women were employed by the bankruptcy of the PGH 1992.
- Pape Manor Village
- Tower Hill Pulow
- Neo-Baroque manor house in Pulow 1900
- Pulower Lake, a glacially Rinnensee embossed with historic grave stone (Baron Körting )
- Hand weaving to visit in the country workshop Pulow
- Smelling and touching for the visually impaired and blind, Pape Village
- Pape villages Lakes
- Manor House Small Jasedow ( half-timbered )
- Sound lake house, small Jasedow
- Gutspark Waschow
- Moraine landscape with many lakes ( Toteisstaulandschaft )
- Bird Paradise Polder Waschow
Coat of arms
The coat of arms was registered under No. 112 of the coat of arms role of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
Blazon: " Azure, silver fish, accompanied circular top three and bottom four six-pointed gold stars. "
The coat of arms was designed in 1972 by Albert Lassaner Püschel and 1996, redrawn from the design office Schönherr & Maciejewski from Anklam.
The historical coat of arms is tangible in the frieze of the 24 landlords and 3 cities of the feudal county council of the county in Greifswald county house Markt 10 / 11th
Sons and daughters of the town
- Bernt Notke (~ 1435 - ~ 1509) of late Gothic sculptor who worked in Lübeck, Stockholm and Tallinn.
- Caroc Alexander (1643-1711), German jurist, Country General Counsel of Swedish Pomerania.
- Balzer Peter Vahl (1718-1792), German businessman, mayor of Greifswald
- Ernst von Quistorp (1784-1831), a Prussian officer
- August von Quistorp (1786-1849), a Prussian officer
- John Dettloff Prochnow (1814-1888), priest and missionary of the Gossner Mission
- Wernher von Quistorp (1856-1908), landowner and Prussian politician
- Theodor Bartus (1858-1941), German sailor, museum technicians and researchers Asia
- Alfred Roloff (1879-1951), painter, graphic artist and illustrator
- Otto Roloff (1882-1972), painter, brother of Alfred Roloff
- Max Uecker (1887-1978) sculptor and wood restorer
Economy and Transport
In the Middle Ages and the early modern period, fishing was a major source of income of the village. On maps from this time, the now uncommon term is therefore Lassansche water for the backwaters. At that time Lassan - held the fishing justice for these waters - only city directly on the backwaters.
A narrow-gauge railway connection in 1896 on the Anklam - Lassaner light railway, was joined by the Lassan with Anklam and Buddenhagen, was dismantled in 1945 after the end of World War II. Lassan be reached by bus or by car.
The Lassaner harbor has a great significance for the city. The Wasserwanderrastplatz has 42 berths. Adjacent is the small fishing port. In addition to the Lassaner Bakery & Confectionery E. G. and the cider Nowack has the small town some small workshops and retail establishments as well as two camping sites.
- " In Lassan the gates are shut with a turnip instead of a castle. "
- " At the Peene river, at the Peene river / There lies a wreck of wood and stone / For five hundred times the same partent / the old city Lassan. " (Wolf Biermann: Ballad of the old city Lassan )