Torrita Tiberina is located on a ridge in a loop of the Tiber River and borders the provinces of Rieti and L' Aquila. It lies between Mount Soratte and the Sabine mountains.
The name Turritula was first mentioned in 747 in a deed of gift of the Carolingian Charles man at the monastery of Sant'Andrea in Flumine in Ponzano. In the Middle Ages the rule over the place between the Benedictines and the Savelli family was divided. From the 15th century it belonged to the Orsini, which his descendants have continued to sell it in 1586 for 30,000 scudi to Tommaso Melchiorri, to Cristina di Sasonia Massimi.
Ilario Caprioli was elected in May 2007 to the mayor.
- The Baron's Castle dates from around 1200
- The parish church of San Tommaso Apostolo goes back to the 12th century.