Poli is a town with 2441 inhabitants ( 31 December 2012) in the province of Rome in the Lazio region.
Poli is located 39 km east of Rome and 17 km north of Palestrina. It is situated on a long hill in the Prenestini. It is a member of the Comunità Montana Monti Sabini e Tiburtini.
Poli is connected via the Via Polense (SP 49A ) to Rome. The nearest motorway exit is Tivoli on the A24 Autostrada dei Parchi from Rome to Teramo.
Poli was first mentioned in writing as Pope Gregory VII in 1074 the site was the Convent of San Paolo. From 1200 to 1808 the town was under the rule of the Counts of Poli.
Nando Cascioli (civic list Insieme per Poli ) was elected in June 2004 to the Mayor and confirmed in June 2009 at the office.
- The Palazzo Conti was in the 13th - 14th Century built. The vaults of the driveway and the porch were decorated with frescoes in 1598.
- The church of Santo Stefano goes back to the 10th century. It conserves frescoes by Taddeo Zuccari.