Plate is a municipality in the district of Ludwigsburg pleasure Parchim in Mecklenburg -Vorpommern ( Germany ). It is administered by the Office Crivitz based in Crivitz. She is one of the largest village communities in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. The municipality is divided into the districts Plate Plate, Consrade and Peckatel.
Geography and transport
The municipality is located 7.5 km south east of Schwerin and eight kilometers south west ( straight line ) of Crivitz in the conservation area Lewitz. The railway line Schwerin - Parchim through the community ( breakpoint Plate). Federal highway 321 runs north of the community. The Federal Highway 14 runs through the municipality, but only on the junction Schwerin -Ost ( 9 km ) distance. Plate is right on the fault waterway, she went on a drawbridge that was 2005/2006 replaced by a new building - lift bridges. To the north of the district Peckatel is the source of Bietnitz. The highest point in the municipality is a hill in the northwest at 67.5 m above sea level. HN. East of Banzkow exists a small 2.3 kilometers long and 400 meters wide exclave.
The Kirchdorf Plate ( Plote - Slavic word for fence) was first mentioned in 1191. In a papal document was noted that income from the Maritime Customs in Plate to serve the provision of lights for the Schwerin Cathedral. At the time the chapter acquired a lot of land in Plate, later it became the Dominalbesitz and the Dukes awarded Customs and Fisheries justice. Plate became a farmer and Büdnerdorf. 1567 the first bridge with associated customs office is built on the sturgeon.
The patronage of the church was from the beginning in landesherrlichem possession. After a church inspection protocol in 1534 convened the Dukes Heinrich and Albrecht 1518 to Johann Flomhelt to the church leaders of Plate and her daughter churches in Banzkow and Consrade. Peckatel was proven in 1596 daughter of Church Plate.
In the field of marrow Peckatel the cult car of Peckatel 1843 was discovered during the excavation of a burial site of the Bronze Age. In 1849 the church was built in neo-Gothic Plate as brick, designed by the architect Theodor Krueger Schwerin.
Through Plate was after the surrender of Germany in 1945 directly on the sturgeon temporarily the demarcation line between the Red Army and the troops of the Western Powers. Due to the suburban location, the state capital Schwerin and the beautiful surroundings, the population grew very rapidly in recent years.
The private radio station Antenne MV sends Plate. The community is quite wealthy and able to devote innovative projects, such as the primary school is heated by solar technology.
On 21 May 2009 Plate was hit by an F2 tornado damaged more than 60 houses, among others, and caused property damage of more than 3.5 million euros.
Coat of arms
The coat of arms was approved on 20 November 1995 by the Home Office and registered under No. 95 of the coat of arms role of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
Blazon: "In red and gold shield divided diagonally left a slightly arched bridge on left and right a little and in the middle of a large passage in confused colors. "
The coat of arms was designed by the Crivitzer Dr. Klaus Plüschke.
- Sörup, Schleswig -Holstein
→ See also List of monuments in Plate
- Church Plate
The Schwerin architect Theodor Kruger designed the 1848/49 established neo-Gothic, fünfjochige church with a choir polygon. It stands on a high pedestal in the middle of the village. There used to be a bell tower on the west gable. After a fire in 1874 it was destroyed. Instead, located adjacent to the west gable is a belfry. The two bells are from the workshop of Wismar Eduard Albrecht and were cast in 1874. In the church is an organ in the workshop of Schwerin organ builder Friedrich Friese, which was built in 1873.
- Chapel in Consrade
The towerless half-timbered building is closed on three sides to the east, this points to a construction in the 16th century, other details can be rather close to the 17th century. In the years 1831 and 1968 the church was completely renovated inside and partially redesigned. The interior consists of one undivided room with a flat ceiling.
- Chapel in Peckatel
The church is regarded as the smallest half-timbered church in Mecklenburg. It was built in 1692. In the east, it is closed on three sides. In the West, a low, verbretterter wooden tower is fitted with a gable roof. Meanwhile, boards should be obtained from the wood of the previous building. It was a small chapel, which was destroyed in the Thirty Years' War. The church is surrounded by a lined with old trees village green, which was formerly a cemetery. Previously, the church was used only for the Day of Prayer and Bettagen.
- Fire Museum in Plate