Deyvillers is a commune with 683 inhabitants (as of January 1, 2011 ) in the department of Vosges in Lorraine. It belongs to the district Epinal, Epinal to Canton -Est and community association AgglomÃ d' Epinal.
The community Deyvillers is about five kilometers northeast of Epinal, capital (prefecture) of the department of Vosges. The approximately eight and a half square kilometers of the municipality of Deyvillers includes a portion of the right Mosel tributary Saint- Oger and its southern hinterland which gradually rises to heights over 400 meters. The highest elevation is 420 meters above the sea on a Vosges foothills in the southernmost part of the community.
Over half of the municipal area is covered with forest, in the south, the municipality with the Noir Bois Forêt d' Epinal a share.
The place Deyvillers was first mentioned in 1000 as Dei Villare. The settlement was located at that time in the Bailiwick of Epinal, the current community came into being during the Ancien Régime, together with the neighboring community of western Jeuxey within the diocese of Metz. Created by the king Bürgernmeisterei in Deyvillers conceded by the inhabitants of three large plows and five francs to St. Remigius (January 13 ) as well as at Easter. The Church of St. Luke ( Saint- Luc ), built in 1840, belonged to the deanery Vosges in the Diocese of Saint-Die. From 1790 to 1802 Deyvillers was part of the canton of Longchamp. The school and mayoral building ( mairie- école ) 1874 was built. From 2005 to 2011 was the seat of the municipal association Deyvillers Est - Epinal Développement.
In the north- west of the municipality is located to the Fort de Deyvillers one of the semicircular applied to Epinal after the German -Prussian war large fortifications.
The Fort de Deyvillers is located 370 meters above the sea in a forest, one kilometer north-west of the village center. It was built from 1900 to close the gap between the defense forts Adelphi and Longchamp, and secure dieStraße from Epinal to Saint -Dié. It belonged with his infantry and artillery positions under reinforced concrete domes to the then most modern facilities.
The fort in 1943 was destroyed by the Organisation Todt, a restoration and use after the Second World War no longer was. The fort is now owned by the municipality, which also allows for inspections in the building still relatively well preserved.
- Castle / Manor House ( Maison seigneuriale ) in the Rue des Acacias, Monument historique
- Church Saint- Luc from 1840
Economy and infrastructure
In Deyvillers there is next to farms smaller retail and service companies. In addition, many residents commute to the nearby industrial town of Epinal.
Through the community Deyvillers the highway from Epinal leads to Saint -Dié -des-Vosges (D 420 or former RN 420). Other roads connect Deyvillers with Longchamp, Vaudéville, La Baffe and Charmois -devant- Bruyeres. Railway connections are made in the near transport nodes Epinal.