Chantraine is a commune with 3150 inhabitants (as of January 1, 2011 ) in the department of Vosges in the Lorraine region. It belongs to the district Epinal, Epinal to Canton -Ouest and the community association AgglomÃ d' Epinal.
The community Chantraine is immediately adjacent to the southwest city of Epinal Epinal and Golbey and forms a closed settlement pattern. In the southeast, the municipality comes close to a few meters to the Moselle, the west and south of the municipal area consists of forest ( Forêt du Ban d' Uxegney ).
Neighboring communities of Chantraine are Golbey in the north, Epinal in the east and south, Renauvoid in the Southwest and Les Forges in the West.
The municipality was created in 1892 by the detachment from Les Forges. At that time Chantraine was a farming village. The foundation stone of the Catholic Church " Saint -Pierre- Fourier " was laid in 1898.
Church of Saint -Pierre- Fourier
Chantraine is classified with an "@ " as Ville Internet ( Internet City '). The "@ s" will be awarded to cities that promote the development and use of the Internet, with a maximum of five @ s will be awarded.