La Forge, Vosges
La Forge is a commune with 565 inhabitants (as of January 1, 2011 ) in the department of Vosges of Lorraine region. It belongs to the district Epinal and the canton Remiremont and is the seat of the municipal association founded in 1996 Vallée de la Cleurie.
- 3.1 Road Access
The municipality of La Forge is located in the Vosges Mountains, about halfway between the cities of Remiremont and Gerardmer.
The 4.72 km ² large municipality of La Forge is bordered to the south and east by the river Cleurie. The approximately 200 meter wide valley lies 500 meters above sea level. The land rises to the north- west to 750-780 meters, in the northwest corner of the municipality 's highest point is reached with 813 meters.
The higher elevations in the municipality are forested and are part of the Forêt Domaniale de Fossard. The buildings in the village is very scattered, so we speak of a typical scattered settlement. It consists of several home lines that go up the slopes on serpentine up to 650 meters above sea level, and from mountain farms and many cottages. On the banks of Cleurie the population density is slightly higher. In the northeast includes a residential estate directly to the territory of the neighboring parish of La Bresse. Agriculture is due to the altitude rather than only to a modest extent, grazing land, however, is to be found up in the higher slopes.
Neighboring communities of La Forge La Bresse in the north and east, Le Syndicat in the south and Cleurie in the West.
The name " La Forge " can be translated as The Forge. For the year 1770 the existence of a mill with integrated forging is occupied at the Cleurie. Today is a sawmill on the site of the old forge.
The territory of the municipality of La Forge was in Ban Moulin, which was dependent on the provost in Arches. After construction of the church in 1663 in nearby La Bresse, which went back to the work of the later canonized Pierre Fourier residents were the parish there. The community name was originally Les Arrentès du Ban de Saint -Joseph ( The tenants of the St. Josef- ban ). In the time of the French Revolution, this name was erased and the community was first called Libre Forge. About Laforge, the local name for today's La Forge developed.
Even into the 20th century, agriculture was the main industry of the population. It was particularly the production of cheese. For the dairy rye, buckwheat and millet was cultivated. The cheese was sold in regional markets and for its equivalent to be procured bread grains and commodities.
On July 25, 1770 a devastating flood in Cleurietal, which almost completely destroyed the former village occurred.
The school and mayoral building - - 1881 the Mairie - école was built. A new school replaced in 1962 the old building, which is again used due to rising student numbers from 1973. Finally, a new school was built in 2001, in which about 60 students of the lower classes are taught today.
The population of the municipality of La Forge has risen steadily since the 1960s, mainly due to the influx of people from surrounding communities. The decisive factor for the choice of many new homeowners in the community were and are the location of an opening to the south slope and moderate land prices.
Economy and infrastructure
La Forge is now a tourist town with numerous guest houses and holiday homes. This development owes the community of the location close to the waterfalls of Tendon and the Lac de Gerardmer and convenient transport links. In the church today is only a farmer in the prime- working. Furthermore, small woodworking shops in the village resident ( joinery, windows and doors, plumbing ). The company FLEUROT manufactures grinding wheels. Some residents commute to surrounding communities.
In La Forge there is no church. For the pastoral care of the nearby churches in La Bresse and in the district of the town of Le Syndicat Julienrupt are responsible.
In Cleurietal the Department of Road 417 Remiremont runs over Gerardmer in Colmar. Furthermore, there is road access to the neighboring municipality Cleurie.
Sources, Web Links
- Community Info (French)
Ahéville | Angle Mont | Arches | Archettes | Autrey | Avillers | Avrainville | Aydoilles | Badménil -aux -Bois | Bains- les- Bains | Bainville -aux -Saules | Basse -sur -le- Rupt | Battexey | Bayecourt | Bazegney | Bazien | Beauménil | Begnécourt | Bellefontaine | Bettegney -Saint -Brice | Bettoncourt | Bocquegney | Bouxières -aux -Bois | Bouxurulles | Bouzemont | Brantigny | Brû | Bruyéres | Bult | Bussang | Chamagne | Champ- le- Duc | Chantraine | charm | Charmois - devant- Bruyeres | Charmois - l'Orgueilleux | Châtel- sur -Moselle | Chaumousey | Chavelot | Cheniménil | Circourt | Cleurie | Clézentaine | Cornimont | Damas -aux -Bois | Damas -et- Bettegney | Darnieulles | Deinvillers | Derbamont | Destord | Deycimont | Deyvillers | Dignonville | Dinozé | Docelles | Dogneville | Domèvre -sur- Avière | Domèvre -sur- Durbion | Dommartin- aux- Bois | Dommartin- lès- Remiremont | Dompaire | Dompierre | Domptail | Doncières | Dounoux | Éloyes | Epinal | Essegney | Évaux -et- Menil | Faucompierre | Fauconcourt | Fays | Ferdrupt | Fiménil | Florémont | Fomerey | Fontenay | Fontenoy- le -Château | face -sur -Moselle | Frizon | Gelvécourt -et- Adompt | Gerbamont | Gigney | Girancourt | Gircourt -lès- Viéville | Girecourt -sur- Durbion | Girmont | Girmont -Val- d'Ajol | Golbey | Gorhey | Grandrupt -de- Bains | Grand Villers | Gruey -lès- Surance | Gugnécourt | Gugney -aux- Aulx | Hadigny - les- Verrières | Hadol | Hagécourt | Haillainville | Hardancourt | Harol | Harsault | Hautmougey | Hennecourt | Hergugney | Housseras | Igney | Jarménil | Jeanménil | Jeuxey | Jorxey | La Baffe | La Bresse | La Chapelle- aux- Bois | La Forge | La Haye | La Neuveville -devant- Lépanges | Langley | Laval -sur- Vologne | Laveline -devant- Bruyeres | Laveline -du- Houx | Le Clerjus | Légéville -et- Bonfays | Le Menil | Lépanges -sur- Vologne | Le Roulier | Les Ableuvenettes | Les Forges | Les Voivres | Le Syndicat | La Bresse | La Bresse | Le Val- d'Ajol | Longchamp | Madegney | Madonna -et- Lamerey | Marainville -sur -Madon | Maroncourt | Mazeley | Méménil | Ménarmont | Menil -sur- Belvitte | MONTMOTIER | Moriville | Moyemont | Nomexy | Nonzeville | Nossoncourt | Oncourt | Ortoncourt | Padoux | Pallegney | Pierrepont- sur -l'Arentèle | Plombières- les- Bains | Pont -sur -Madon | Portieux | Pouxeux | Prey | Racécourt | Rambervillers | Ramon Champ | Raon -aux -Bois | Rapey | Regney | Rehaincourt | Remiremont | Renauvoid | Rochesson | Romont | Roville -aux- Chenes | Rugney | Rupt -sur -Moselle | Saint- Amé | Saint- Benoît- la- Chipotte | Sainte -Barbe | Sainte -Hélène | Saint- Étienne- lès- Remiremont | Saint- Genest | Saint -Gorgon | Saint- Maurice- sur -Mortagne | Saint- Maurice- sur -Moselle | Saint- Nabord | Saint- Pierremont | Saint- Vallier | Sanchey | Sapois | Saulxures -sur -Moselotte | Savigny | SERCOEUR | Socourt | Tendon | Thaon- les -Vosges | Thiéfosse | Trémonzey | Ubexy | Uriménil | Uxegney | Uzemain | Vagney | Varmonzey | Vaubexy | Vaudéville | Vaxoncourt | Vecoux | Velotte -et- Tatignécourt | Ventron | Ville- sur- Illon | Villoncourt | Viménil | Vincey | Vioménil | Vomécourt | Vomécourt -sur -Madon | Xaffévillers | Xamontarupt | Xaronval | Xertigny | Zincourt
Cleurie | La Forge | Le Syndicat | Saint- Amé
- Commune in the department of Vosges
- Place in Lorraine