Dogneville is a commune in the Vosges in Lorraine. It belongs to the district Epinal, Epinal to Canton -East and since 2012 for the community association AgglomÃ d' Epinal.
- 4.1 Road Access
The 1406 inhabitants (1 January 2011 ) scoring Dogneville community located on the Moselle, just north of Epinal, capital ( chef-lieu ) of the department of Vosges.
The municipality covers a portion of the right, the eastern bank of the Mosel and its hinterland. To the east the ground rises gently relief, the terrain reaches north of the village center in Fort de Dogneville 390 meters above the sea. The area is interrupted by the Saint- Oger, a small Mosel tributary, which rises in the western foothills of the Vosges. In addition to the distinctive Fort de Dogneville are with the Fort de la Voivre and the western tip of the Fort de Longchamp two more of these former defense installations in the municipality of Dogneville. Today they are only partially accessible and hidden under dense trees. Notable forest areas in the municipality include Bois de la Vigne, La Haie du Ban and La Haie du Pin in the north and the large forest Bois de la Voivre in the southeast.
The branch canal, which branches in Epinal on the Moselle ( Branche d' Epinal ) and via the port of the Canal des Vosges Epinal, crossed the Moselle River in the extreme southwest of the community Dogneville on a 100 meters long and ten meters wide canal bridge.
In the south, the municipality area of Dogneville is immediately adjacent to the industrial areas of Zone Industrielle de la Voivre and Parc Economique du Saut le Cerf ( with a hospital complex ) of the city of Epinal.
Neighboring communities of Dogneville are Girmont in the north, Dignonville in the northeast, Longchamp ( point of contact ) to the east, in the southeast Jeuxey, Epinal in the south, southwest, and Chavelot Golbey in the northwest.
Dogneville was during the Ancien Régime seat of a mayor in the sphere of influence of the diocese of Metz. Ecclesiastical belonged to the deanery Dogneville Epinal in the Diocese of Saint- Dié.
Coat of arms
The coat of arms on the left shows the left half of the coat of arms of Epinal ( tower and Lily), right above the miter of the Bishop Arnulf of Metz and the bottom right of the aircraft.
In the area of the municipality are the Fort de Dogneville, the Fort de la Voivre and the Fort de Longchamp three annularly arranged around Epinal after the German -Prussian war large fortifications.
- The fort just north of the town center location de Dogneville, formerly Fort Kléber, was built in 1876-1878 for seven officers, 14 NCOs and 280 soldiers. The fort is now in relatively good condition, parts of the masonry, however, are in danger of collapsing, so that the owner, the community Dogneville, entering the fort has prohibited without permission.
- Called Fort de la Voivre ( Batterie de la Voivre ), also Fort Lasalle, located southeast of Dogneville to 364 meters above sea level in a forest on the border of the municipality Jeuxey. Since the start of construction in 1882, it was with a maximum of 100 men part of the defense ring around Epinal and just made the task of securing the road to Rambervillers. The fort is in a very poor condition and owned by the municipality Jeuxey. The bunker entrances were partially backfilled to apply on the premises is a motocross track.
- The fort located northeast of the village de Longchamp, formerly Fort Rapp, was built from 1876 to 1878 for 17 officers, 42 NCOs and 480 soldiers. Even today, the fort, which is owned by the municipality Dignonville, completely locked in good condition, but for visitors to protect a colony of bats.
The growth of the population from the 1970s to the 1990s, is located south west of the old village due directly to the construction of a new residential area. Here, many employees of the surrounding industrial areas have settled.
- St. Stephen Church ( Église Saint- Étienne )
- Canal bridge over the Moselle
Economy and infrastructure
Agriculture plays a minor role in Dogneville. The proximity to the industrial areas and business parks Thaon- les -Vosges Epinal and commuters are the largest group of workers in Dogneville.
The airfield Epinal - Dogneville ( Aerodrome Epinal - Dogneville ) southwest of the community is used by Founded in 1921, Aero -club Vosgien. Among the founders of one of the fighter pilot René Fonck. In addition to flight models small and ultra light aircraft are used.