Chamagne is a commune in the Vosges department of the Lorraine region. It belongs to the district of the canton of Epinal and charm.
The 457 inhabitants (1 January 2011 ) scoring Chamagne municipality is situated on the Moselle, 30 kilometers north- west of Epinal and 30 kilometers southwest of Luneville.
The municipality is located in the north of the department of Vosges, on the border with the department of Meurthe -et -Moselle. The Mosel largely forms the western boundary of the parish. East of Chamagne the wooded terrain gradually rises up to 342 m asl of. To free the underlying forest areas Bois de Villa Court and Forêt de Charmes, the municipality has a share of about 400 hectares. Several small rivers run through the woods, all of which drain into the direction of the Moselle.
Neighboring communities of Chamagne are Bainville -aux- Miroirs in the north, Villa Court and Saint- Germain in the northeast, southeast and south in Charmes, Socourt in the southwest and Gripport in the West.
The village first appears in 1164 in a document as Chemaines. From 1751 belonged to Chamagne Bailiwick charm, ecclesiastical dean's office for Epinal.
In the 19th century many residents of Chamagne peddlers, the books and pictures were sold. Because remember book and pilgrim's staff in the coat of arms.
- Church of Saint- Denis from 1731
- House of Claude Lorrain ( Monument historique )
By Chamagne the Department D9 road leads from Charmes after Bayon. The railway line Nancy- Epinal - Remiremont, which is operated by the Company TER Lorraine runs, east of the village, the nearest railway stations are located in Charmes and Bayon.
- Claude Lorrain, Claude Le Lorrain, actually Claude Gelée (* 1600 in Chamagne, † November 23, 1682 in Rome), French painter of the Baroque