Ventron is a commune with 936 inhabitants (as of January 1, 2011 ) in the department of Vosges in the Lorraine region. It belongs to the district Epinal, founded the Canton Saulxures -sur -Moselotte and to the 2002 Local Government Association Haute Moselotte.
- 4.1 Road Access
The winter sports community Ventron in the Vosges is located 30 kilometers from Remiremont and 45 kilometers from Mulhouse, in the southeast of Lorraine.
The territory of Ventron is identical to the catchment area of the Moselotte Creek Ventron, including its tributaries Rupt du Moulin and Ruisseau des Vinterges down to the mouth area. The three rivers originate in the Vosges Mountains main ridge, which also forms the eastern boundary of the municipality and the border region of Alsace. In the north-eastern corner of the community area, the 1202 meter high Grand Ventron, which is accessible by road from Ventron from rising. To the east is the 884 meter high Col d' Oderen a road crossing into the Alsatian Thurtal. The 957 -meter-high saddle of the Col du Page leads south to Bussang into the headwaters of the River Moselle and is reserved for pedestrians and cyclists.
The 600 meter high in Ventron valley floor is not suitable for farming, so pastoralism prevails. About two-thirds of the nearly 25 -acre municipal area is wooded: in the east the closed forest area of the Forêt du Rupt Furchu, in the south, interrupted by numerous ski slopes forests. dominated by residential and commercial areas for agricultural use is little room.
Ventron has a very loosened development, a number of houses are scattered on the slopes. Only the church is a little denser population center to identify. To Ventron heard the adjoining on the west by Cornimont - Travexin district of Les Malcostes.
It is believed that the area was inhabited by Ventron the 11th century by Alsatians or Swiss. The name of the cluster of huts there appeared Uber winter, 1579 Wynterau. At the latest in 1617 there was talk of Ventron, which belonged to the Bishop Jean Touler of Porcelets de mail Lane ( 1581-1624 ).
At the beginning of the 19th century, the textile industry came from Alsace Lorraine on the side of the Vosges Mountains. Until then, the families lived in self-catering. After 1825, the first spinning mill was established in the near Saulxures -sur -Moselotte, the first mechanical looms came in 1840 after Ventron. Twenty years the municipality had already 288 jobs in four factories. Reason for the choice of location in the Vosges valleys was the existing water power of the mountain rivers, which initially drives the mechanical looms before were the steam engines in place of the water wheel.
The weavers who sold the substance as Grand Ventron, remained successful until the beginning of World War II. From the 1950s slowly began the decline of the textile industry in the entire area of the Vosges.
In a factory, founded in 1855, and in 1952 closed the Textile Museum Ventron was established. After extensive restoration, the drive shafts, gears, pulleys and belts can be put into operation to intuition.
The population of the municipality Ventron remained in the last 45 years at an approximately constant level.
- Church of Saint- Claude, built in 1841
- Hermit chapel Frère- Joseph ( brother of Joseph) from 1757
- Museum of the Textile Industry
Economy and infrastructure
Agriculture plays in the upper Vosges today only a subordinate role. After the decline of the textile industry Ventron put increasingly on tourism. The mountain resort is now accessible to tourists by hotels, guesthouses, cottages and hostels. A Tourist Office (Office de tourisme ) in place coordinates the activities. Nationally known is the ski area around the chapel of his brother Josef ( Ermitage Frère Joseph ), a hermit who lived there for 30 years and retired in 1784, died. From a hotel near the chapel ski lifts and a chairlift leading to the ski slopes. Furthermore, 16 km groomed cross-country trails in the winter. In the summer, opens in Ventron a school for paragliders.
Ventron is (512 Europe Street ) accessible from the Route Nationale 66 ( Epinal - Mulhouse) from from La Bresse La Bresse on or off Fellering over the Col d' Oderen. More road connections are available to Remiremont and Gerardmer.
Sources, Web Links
- Community presentation (in French)
Ahéville | Angle Mont | Arches | Archettes | Autrey | Avillers | Avrainville | Aydoilles | Badménil -aux -Bois | Bains- les- Bains | Bainville -aux -Saules | Basse -sur -le- Rupt | Battexey | Bayecourt | Bazegney | Bazien | Beauménil | Begnécourt | Bellefontaine | Bettegney -Saint -Brice | Bettoncourt | Bocquegney | Bouxières -aux -Bois | Bouxurulles | Bouzemont | Brantigny | Brû | Bruyéres | Bult | Bussang | Chamagne | Champ- le- Duc | Chantraine | charm | Charmois - devant- Bruyeres | Charmois - l'Orgueilleux | Châtel- sur -Moselle | Chaumousey | Chavelot | Cheniménil | Circourt | Cleurie | Clézentaine | Cornimont | Damas -aux -Bois | Damas -et- Bettegney | Darnieulles | Deinvillers | Derbamont | Destord | Deycimont | Deyvillers | Dignonville | Dinozé | Docelles | Dogneville | Domèvre -sur- Avière | Domèvre -sur- Durbion | Dommartin- aux- Bois | Dommartin- lès- Remiremont | Dompaire | Dompierre | Domptail | Doncières | Dounoux | Éloyes | Epinal | Essegney | Évaux -et- Menil | Faucompierre | Fauconcourt | Fays | Ferdrupt | Fiménil | Florémont | Fomerey | Fontenay | Fontenoy- le -Château | face -sur -Moselle | Frizon | Gelvécourt -et- Adompt | Gerbamont | Gigney | Girancourt | Gircourt -lès- Viéville | Girecourt -sur- Durbion | Girmont | Girmont -Val- d'Ajol | Golbey | Gorhey | Grandrupt -de- Bains | Grand Villers | Gruey -lès- Surance | Gugnécourt | Gugney -aux- Aulx | Hadigny - les- Verrières | Hadol | Hagécourt | Haillainville | Hardancourt | Harol | Harsault | Hautmougey | Hennecourt | Hergugney | Housseras | Igney | Jarménil | Jeanménil | Jeuxey | Jorxey | La Baffe | La Bresse | La Chapelle- aux- Bois | La Forge | La Haye | La Neuveville -devant- Lépanges | Langley | Laval -sur- Vologne | Laveline -devant- Bruyeres | Laveline -du- Houx | Le Clerjus | Légéville -et- Bonfays | Le Menil | Lépanges -sur- Vologne | Le Roulier | Les Ableuvenettes | Les Forges | Les Voivres | Le Syndicat | La Bresse | La Bresse | Le Val- d'Ajol | Longchamp | Madegney | Madonna -et- Lamerey | Marainville -sur -Madon | Maroncourt | Mazeley | Méménil | Ménarmont | Menil -sur- Belvitte | MONTMOTIER | Moriville | Moyemont | Nomexy | Nonzeville | Nossoncourt | Oncourt | Ortoncourt | Padoux | Pallegney | Pierrepont- sur -l'Arentèle | Plombières- les- Bains | Pont -sur -Madon | Portieux | Pouxeux | Prey | Racécourt | Rambervillers | Ramon Champ | Raon -aux -Bois | Rapey | Regney | Rehaincourt | Remiremont | Renauvoid | Rochesson | Romont | Roville -aux- Chenes | Rugney | Rupt -sur -Moselle | Saint- Amé | Saint- Benoît- la- Chipotte | Sainte -Barbe | Sainte -Hélène | Saint- Étienne- lès- Remiremont | Saint- Genest | Saint -Gorgon | Saint- Maurice- sur -Mortagne | Saint- Maurice- sur -Moselle | Saint- Nabord | Saint- Pierremont | Saint- Vallier | Sanchey | Sapois | Saulxures -sur -Moselotte | Savigny | SERCOEUR | Socourt | Tendon | Thaon- les -Vosges | Thiéfosse | Trémonzey | Ubexy | Uriménil | Uxegney | Uzemain | Vagney | Varmonzey | Vaubexy | Vaudéville | Vaxoncourt | Vecoux | Velotte -et- Tatignécourt | Ventron | Ville- sur- Illon | Villoncourt | Viménil | Vincey | Vioménil | Vomécourt | Vomécourt -sur -Madon | Xaffévillers | Xamontarupt | Xaronval | Xertigny | Zincourt
Cornimont | La Bresse | Saulxures -sur -Moselotte | Thiéfosse | Ventron
- Commune in the department of Vosges
- Place in Lorraine