Rupt -sur -Moselle is a commune with 3509 inhabitants ( 1 January 2011) in the department of Vosges in the Lorraine region. It belongs to the district Epinal, in the canton of La Bresse and is a member of the local association, founded in 2006 Mynes et Hautes -Vosges du sud.
- 4.1 Economics
- 4.2 infrastructure
The community Rupt -sur -Moselle Moselle is at the top in the Vosges Mountains in the far southeast of Lorraine and bordered to the south by the region of Franche -Comté. Remiremont, the nearest large town is 12 kilometers from Rupt -sur -Moselle. In the district Maxonchamp the Moselle, from the southeast coming changes its flow direction to the north.
The 45.55 km ² large municipality of Rupt -sur -Moselle includes a ten -kilometer section of the upper Moselle valley, the width between 2000 meters ( district Hielle ) and 1000 meters ( La Roche / Longchamp ) varies. The valley of the Mosel River on the municipal boundary to Ferdrupt to 444 meters, on the border with Vecoux to 399 meters above sea level. The Moselle valley is flanked by some of towering mountains in the northeast to the southwest to reach the on the border region of Franche -Comté 810 meters, maximum 898 meters. An incision is in the south of the 620 m high Col du Mont de Fourche, which is crossed by a road to Luxeuil -les- Bains. The pass and the southwest border of the municipality forms the watershed to the basin of the Rhone. In the municipality coming from the northeast mountain streams Ruisseau de Moinrupt and Ruisseau de Grandrupt open into the Moselle.
The forests, which cover about 75 % of the municipal area, belong to the forest areas Forêt de Raddon ( in the west), Forêt Domaniale de Longegoutte (in the north and north-east ) and Bois du Menil ( in the south). The Moselle valley leaves between the domestic and commercial areas little room for farmland. Pastures and grasslands can be found, however, to the high altitudes.
The municipality consists of the villages ( downriver seen ):
- Le Chêne
- La Roche
- Nucleus Rupt -sur -Moselle
- Les Meixner
Neighboring communities of Rupt -sur -Moselle are Vecoux in the north, and Thiéfosse Saulxures -sur -Moselotte in the northeast, Ferdrupt in the east, Corravillers in the south, La Rosiere in the southwest, La Montagne and Girmont -Val- D'Ajol in the west and Dommartin- lès- Remiremont in the northwest.
Already in Roman times led the way from Metz to Basel on the upper Moselle valley and thus by the present territory of Rupt -sur -Moselle. Before the French Revolution was one of the scattered settlement structure for the possession of the abbesses of the Chapitre de Remiremont.
The municipality was created in 1789 Rupt by dividing the Ban de Longchamp, from which emerged the community Dommartin- lès- Remiremont, later Vecoux and Ferdrupt. The hamlet Longchamp, La Roche, La Dermanville, Lette, Rupt, Le Dessus de Rupt, Saulx, Lépange, Les Meixner and Maxonchamp have been to church Rupt summarized, which in 1904 was renamed to Rupt -sur -Moselle.
Until the mid- 19th century, the inhabitants lived by agriculture and livestock while the peasants earned as a lumberjack, craftsmen, carpenters, shoemakers wood or teamster their maintenance. Already in 1934, was the first spinning mill in the hamlet Saulx. After 1870, the textile industry experienced a new, improved flowering through the settlement of companies Alsatian owners who were fleeing from the Germans.
In June 1940, the " Fort de Rupt " was quickly conquered (or Fort Caulaincourt ) in the context of the western campaign of troops of the Wehrmacht, namely the 6th Panzer Division under General Werner Kempf.
In the 1970s, the decline of the textile industry began. Gradually new jobs were created, including the plastics and metal processing and mechanical engineering.
The population of the municipality Rupt -sur -Moselle testify to the loss of many jobs in the textile industry since the 1970s. The establishment of many new companies could not fully compensate for the rate of migration.
- Church of Saint- Étienne, renovated several times (most recently in 1862, Bell Tower 1738)
Economy and infrastructure
Only a few residents of Rupt -sur -Moselle are employed in agriculture and forestry. Three commercial areas characterize today the municipality area north of the town center (ZI le Plain du Saut, ZI Le Pange and ZI Les Maix ). Among the currently residing in Rupt -sur -Moselle companies with over 100 employees:
- Le groupe Antolin - a branch operation of a Spanish manufacturer of equipment and parts for cars and commercial vehicles
- Cimest ( Compagnie industrielle des Moulages de l'Est ) - Operating for plastic parts for telephone and automobile industry
- Valrupt - belonging to the Groupe français Valmont cotton weaving
- La Compagnie de la chaussure vosgienne - belonging to the Groupe français Vivarte shoe factory
Rupt -sur -Moselle put increasingly in recent years on tourism and is now accessible to tourists by hotels, guest houses and holiday homes.
With 3571 inhabitants ( 2006) Rupt -sur -Moselle is just after La Bresse, the second largest municipality in the upper Moselle valley. The community is also a training location with two basic - a secondary school, a Collége and a kindergarten.
The high traffic Route Nationale 66 ( European Route 512) of Epinal on the Col de Bussang to Mulhouse leads south past as a bypass to Rupt -sur -Moselle and ends up as a two-lane highway to the border with the neighboring community Ferdrupt. Another important road link via the Col du Mont de Fourche to Luxeuil -les- Bains and Lure.
Since 1980, maintains Rupt -sur -Moselle, a partnership with the community Stadecken -Elsheim in Rheinhessen; Initiator and promoter of this partnership is the longtime mayor of Rupt Robert Parmentier. A lively student exchange between the Collège Jean Montémont in Rupt sur Moselle and the Marie Curie High School in Bonen ( near Dortmund ).
On every third Sunday in March in Rupt -sur -Moselle, the traditional herring fair takes place - in the year 2009 for the 127th time. They emerged as the only surviving of the original twelve existing herring fairs before 1825 and has its roots in the era when during Lent salted fish were bought from overseas because domestic fish from rivers and ponds were the nobles reserved.
- Dieudonné Thiébault, Professor of French grammar corrector of the writings of Frederick the Great
Two kilometers south-west of the core village is 775 meters above sea level the mostly underground -scale Fort de Rupt or Fort Caulaincourt. Built in 1874-1876 Fort is already on the territory of the municipality of La Rosière. The area is part of the Sperrgebiet to the French army.
- Community Rupt -sur -Moselle (French)
Ahéville | Angle Mont | Arches | Archettes | Autrey | Avillers | Avrainville | Aydoilles | Badménil -aux -Bois | Bains- les- Bains | Bainville -aux -Saules | Basse -sur -le- Rupt | Battexey | Bayecourt | Bazegney | Bazien | Beauménil | Begnécourt | Bellefontaine | Bettegney -Saint -Brice | Bettoncourt | Bocquegney | Bouxières -aux -Bois | Bouxurulles | Bouzemont | Brantigny | Brû | Bruyéres | Bult | Bussang | Chamagne | Champ- le- Duc | Chantraine | charm | Charmois - devant- Bruyeres | Charmois - l'Orgueilleux | Châtel- sur -Moselle | Chaumousey | Chavelot | Cheniménil | Circourt | Cleurie | Clézentaine | Cornimont | Damas -aux -Bois | Damas -et- Bettegney | Darnieulles | Deinvillers | Derbamont | Destord | Deycimont | Deyvillers | Dignonville | Dinozé | Docelles | Dogneville | Domèvre -sur- Avière | Domèvre -sur- Durbion | Dommartin- aux- Bois | Dommartin- lès- Remiremont | Dompaire | Dompierre | Domptail | Doncières | Dounoux | Éloyes | Epinal | Essegney | Évaux -et- Menil | Faucompierre | Fauconcourt | Fays | Ferdrupt | Fiménil | Florémont | Fomerey | Fontenay | Fontenoy- le -Château | face -sur -Moselle | Frizon | Gelvécourt -et- Adompt | Gerbamont | Gigney | Girancourt | Gircourt -lès- Viéville | Girecourt -sur- Durbion | Girmont | Girmont -Val- d'Ajol | Golbey | Gorhey | Grandrupt -de- Bains | Grand Villers | Gruey -lès- Surance | Gugnécourt | Gugney -aux- Aulx | Hadigny - les- Verrières | Hadol | Hagécourt | Haillainville | Hardancourt | Harol | Harsault | Hautmougey | Hennecourt | Hergugney | Housseras | Igney | Jarménil | Jeanménil | Jeuxey | Jorxey | La Baffe | La Bresse | La Chapelle- aux- Bois | La Forge | La Haye | La Neuveville -devant- Lépanges | Langley | Laval -sur- Vologne | Laveline -devant- Bruyeres | Laveline -du- Houx | Le Clerjus | Légéville -et- Bonfays | Le Menil | Lépanges -sur- Vologne | Le Roulier | Les Ableuvenettes | Les Forges | Les Voivres | Le Syndicat | La Bresse | La Bresse | Le Val- d'Ajol | Longchamp | Madegney | Madonna -et- Lamerey | Marainville -sur -Madon | Maroncourt | Mazeley | Méménil | Ménarmont | Menil -sur- Belvitte | MONTMOTIER | Moriville | Moyemont | Nomexy | Nonzeville | Nossoncourt | Oncourt | Ortoncourt | Padoux | Pallegney | Pierrepont- sur -l'Arentèle | Plombières- les- Bains | Pont -sur -Madon | Portieux | Pouxeux | Prey | Racécourt | Rambervillers | Ramon Champ | Raon -aux -Bois | Rapey | Regney | Rehaincourt | Remiremont | Renauvoid | Rochesson | Romont | Roville -aux- Chenes | Rugney | Rupt -sur -Moselle | Saint- Amé | Saint- Benoît- la- Chipotte | Sainte -Barbe | Sainte -Hélène | Saint- Étienne- lès- Remiremont | Saint- Genest | Saint -Gorgon | Saint- Maurice- sur -Mortagne | Saint- Maurice- sur -Moselle | Saint- Nabord | Saint- Pierremont | Saint- Vallier | Sanchey | Sapois | Saulxures -sur -Moselotte | Savigny | SERCOEUR | Socourt | Tendon | Thaon- les -Vosges | Thiéfosse | Trémonzey | Ubexy | Uriménil | Uxegney | Uzemain | Vagney | Varmonzey | Vaubexy | Vaudéville | Vaxoncourt | Vecoux | Velotte -et- Tatignécourt | Ventron | Ville- sur- Illon | Villoncourt | Viménil | Vincey | Vioménil | Vomécourt | Vomécourt -sur -Madon | Xaffévillers | Xamontarupt | Xaronval | Xertigny | Zincourt
Ferdrupt | Le Menil | La Bresse | Ramon Champ | Rupt -sur -Moselle
- Commune in the department of Vosges
- Place in Lorraine