Basse -sur -le- Rupt is a commune in the Vosges department in the Lorraine region. It belongs to the district Epinal, in the canton of Saulxures -sur -Moselotte and community association VALLONS you bouchot et du Rupt. Since a decision in 2000, the inhabitants of the municipality called Bassuroises.
- 4.1 Road Access
The 13.73 km ² comprehensive municipal area of Basse -sur -le- Rupt spans the valley of the eponymous mountain river Rupt that westward opens to Moselotte and is bounded to the north, east and south by mountain ridges, some over 900 meters reach. The settlement area is made up of the districts Pubas, Contrexard, Trougemont and Planois as well as the hamlets of La Burotte, Presles and L' true, with Planois has developed with the Church and the seat of the mayor to the municipal capital. About a third of the municipal area consists of forests ( Forêt de Goutte Noire in the south). In the north- east of the village you Ronfaing is achieved with 1060 meters above sea level, the highest point on the calotte, in the West is situated on the right bank of the Moselotte 409 meters above sea level, the lowest point.
For climatic reasons, it is only in the low-lying valley regions little arable land, dominate instead of meadows and pastures at altitudes of 700 meters above the sea.
Neighboring communities of Basse -sur -le- Rupt are Gerbamont in the north, and La Bresse Rochesson in the northeast, Cornimont in the east, Saulxures -sur -Moselotte and Tendon in the south and Vagney in the West.
The high valley of Rupt was probably inhabited from the 14th century. The area of Basse -sur -le- Rupt was part of the large-scale Ban de Vagney, which also includes the now autonomous communities Vagney, Sapois, Gerbamont, Saint- Amé and Saulxures included. The Ban de Vagney ever been placed under the dukes of Lorraine and the chapter of Remiremont half.
According to documents already in 1304 appeared at a mill on Rupt who repeatedly been mentioned in the following centuries.
Today the district Contrexard (1425 Contraxair ) was as Pubas before the French Revolution part of a community called Syndicat sur le Rupt. In the 18th century, there were many street paver and bridge builder. Planois was first mentioned in 1345 as de Jéhan Plainnoy, the district Trougemont 1669 as Trugimont.
Today's church was built 1790. From 1793 to 1809 it was called in the meantime Basse la Montagne. Until the construction of the church Saint -Nicolas residents in neighboring Vagney were the parish. Same time as the church was the first café in town.
The abundance of water and the slope were good conditions for the operation of watermills for the area at Rupt. Four mills have been preserved for the year 1790. Another was built in 1819 Planois. The mills were the starting point of industrialization that began in 1853 with the construction of a Trougemont weaving. In the 1880s, more than two hundred workers were employed here. The history of the textile industry ended 1973 with the closure of the establishment. A 30-meter high granite chimney to remind of the work.
Following the closure of textile factories mid-1970s, many residents left the community. Due to the scenic location and favorable land prices, the population of Basse -sur -le- Rupt rose from the 1980s again.
- Saint-Nicolas Church, built in 1848
- Lookout Le Haut du Roc in the south of the municipality of 1014 meters above sea level
- La Pierre des Quatre Communes, 1060 meters, the highest point in Basse -sur -le- Rupt simultaneously demarcation of four clashing communities here (next Basse -sur -le- Rupt also Cornimont Rochesson and La Bresse )
- La Croix des Moinats, monument in memory of the Moroccan allies in World War II
- Piquante -Pierre, memorial of the fallen in World War II
- Church of Saint -Nicolas
Economy and infrastructure
In Basse -sur -le- Rupt smaller craft shops are located next to a granite processing plant and a sawmill. In recent years, the tourism offerings have been expanded in Basse -sur -le- Rupt. So many single standing houses have emerged. Some of the residents commute to the nearby industrial towns.
In the district Planois is a primary school, a kindergarten in Trougemont.
By Basse -sur -le- Rupt the road leads from Vagney to La Bresse. It follows the Rupttal over the saddle of the Col de la Croix des Moinats ( 890 m) in the upper Moselottetal. About the passes Col du Haut de Fouchure (790 m), Col de Menufosse ( 975 m), Col des Hayes ( 885 m) and the Col de la Burotte (795 m) consist road links around the southern and northern neighboring towns.
- Community presentation (in French)
- Information from the tourist office (French)