Niederirsen is a municipality in the district of Old Churches ( Westerwald) in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality Hamm (Sieg).
Niederirsen the westernmost municipality of the municipality is Hamm (Sieg). It is immediately adjacent to North Rhine -Westphalia. The district lies in the valley of the Niederirsen Irsenbaches, the slightly larger village Ückertseifen to approximately 250 m above sea level. NN northeast toward Beulskopf.
By the year 1806 Niederirsen belonged to the county of Sayn- Hachenburg. Ückertseifen formed within the parish Hamm a "Send " above its own administrative district, which included Niederirsen. The county of Sayn- Hachenburg 1799 was fallen on the Erbweg to the princes of Nassau- Weilburg. 1806 came the two princes of Nassau in the Napoleonic Confederation of the Rhine, so that the region of 1806 belonged to the Duchy of Nassau. Because of the Congress of Vienna (1815 ) agreements, the region was ceded to the Kingdom of Prussia.
Under the Prussian administration Niederirsen the mayor Hamm was assigned to the newly built district of Old churches that belonged from 1822 to the Rhine province.
The development of the population of the municipality Niederirsen, the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
The local council in Niederirsen consists of six council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 by majority vote, and the honorary mayor as chairman.
Coat of arms
On 29 November 2007 the council agreed to the introduction of the coat of arms. A design by Rolf- Dieter Rötzel was based on the 2009 approved by the State Archives and the district administration Old churches coat of arms. It is divided by a slanted left blue and silver wave bar into two fields. With the wave bar represented the local church Niederirsen formative waters Irsenbach. In the upper field coat of arms, the heraldic animal of the ancient county of Sayn appears as the left - inverted, blaugezungter and blue reinforced golden leopardierter lion on a red background, holding a mill wheel and thus establishes the reference to the former mill on Irsenbach. In the lower crest height of the wave field to bar two fir trees and a sheaf are embedded. The firs symbolize the two members of the local church Niederirsen villages Niederirsen and Ückertseifen and existing woodlands, the sheaf of agriculture.