Pleckhausen is a municipality in the district of Old Churches ( Westerwald) in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality Flammersfeld.
According to its location ago Pleckhausen can be assigned to the Rhenish Westerwald. One finds the village long prostrate on a gently sloping to the northeast, easy ridge near the village church Horhausen (Westerwald ). Pleckhausen is very close to the national highway 256 and Federal highway 3
Origin of the name
The place name Pleckhausen suggests two components: the origin of the old German word bare in terms of look do, based on the free position of the place with its possibilities of agricultural use; supplemented by the suffix -sen, allows one to infer the formation period of the village. Most of the on -sen ending points count as original individual farms, the old settlement areas in the surrounding area ( Neuwied Basin ) are made in the period from the 6th to the 11th century.
The history must be especially seen as the history of the parish and town parish Horhausen, has the Pleckhausen always listened. Weistümer, Tithe Books, mining office records and church records provide ample evidence for this.
Count Arnold of Arnstein had in 1050, the area around Horhausen. Gerlach II of Isenburg inherited in 1139 the Horhauser country. The parish was first mentioned in 1217 Horhausen. Archbishop Baldwin of Trier transferred in 1338 to the Lords of Isenburg village and court Horhausen fief.
1397 Pleckhausen was mentioned as Bleck Husen in a decade down along with other places in the region for the first time. A Seyffen hen Pleckhausen appeared in 1554 as a magistrate at the court Horhausen. Two years later, the Reformation was introduced in the surrounding parishes, the parish Horhausen remained Catholic. With the death of Ernst von Isenburg - border tax adjustments († 1664), the last of this branch of Isenburg counts, the area fell back as a completed fief of the Electorate of Trier, Pleckhausen now belonged to the Electoral-Trier Office Herschbach. 1668 the first Erbleihbrief on the Pleckhauser spell mill was issued. The " New Cottage " on Grenzbach opened in 1678 the operation. Five years later, the first boundary commission ( Horhauser Weistum ) was documented. In 1684 there were five fireplaces in Pleckhausen, 1717 were 13 houses, 21 houses mentioned in 1786. In the meantime, in 1723, a survey of the district and the first plant of a basic book took place.
1803 brought the Reichsdeputationshauptschluss the end of the Kur-Trier sovereignty. Prince Frederick William of Nassau -Weilburg took office Herschbach. Four years later, was reported by 14 school children in Pleckhausen and 1814 introduced the " New Cottage " of 1678, the production one.
1815 was a result of stipulations Pleckhausen the Congress of Vienna to the Kingdom of Prussia, and it was the mayor's Flammersfeld in the Prussian Rhine Province. 1846 running a log book for the council meetings, it was decided and 1848-1852 led the mayor of Flammersfeld, Friedrich Wilhelm Raiffeisen, various meetings of the Municipal Council in Pleckhausen. The council decided in 1850 to independently get the community Pleckhausen in her former existence. 1851 citizens purchase Money for Pleckhausen has been set. In the mining field, " Crispin " in the district Pleckhauser found 1865 prospecting instead of by the company Fr Krupp. 1899, the last re-measurement of Pleckhauser district was conducted.
Technical progress held in Pleckhausen collection, as 1912 started the construction of a water pipeline for Pleckhausen, switched in 1914, the first telephone line and 1924 the village was connected to the power grid. 1974 was the last time a public notice rather than by the Gemeindeausscheller. In 1980 the local coat of arms was approved by the district government Koblenz. 1991 although the decision to create a village renewal approximation concept and 1993 to rebuild the bridge to Pleckhauser mill. 1997 Pleckhausen celebrated the 600th anniversary of the town.
The development of the population of Pleckhausen, the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
The local council in Pleckhausen consists of twelve council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 by majority vote, and the honorary mayor as chairman.
There are still four farms and several small commercial and service companies, for by favorable transport connections, the location advantages in Pleckhausen.
List of cultural monuments in Pleckhausen