Forestry is a municipality in the district of Old Churches ( Westerwald) in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality Hamm (Sieg).
- 3.1 municipal
- 3.2 Coat of Arms
The community forestry in North Central victory Bergland is located on a ridge to the right of victory between the Belling Erbach in the west and the Holperbach in the east, about five kilometers northwest of knowledge on the border with North Rhine -Westphalia.
For forest except the eponymous site include the hamlets Dellingen, yard Bumpy, Kaltau, Lech Bach, Neuhöfchen, soaps, Seifermühle, and wood.
By the year 1806 forest belonged to the county of Sayn- Hachenburg. Forest formed within the parish Hamm a "Send " above its own administrative district, which included the towns of Dellingen, Bumpy, Kaltau, Lech Bach, New Höfchen, top soaps, soaps and wood. The county of Sayn- Hachenburg 1799 was fallen on the Erbweg to the princes of Nassau- Weilburg. 1806 came the two princes of Nassau in the Napoleonic Confederation of the Rhine, so that the region of 1806 belonged to the Duchy of Nassau. Because of the Congress of Vienna (1815 ) agreements, the region was ceded to the Kingdom of Prussia.
Under the Prussian administration of forestry mayor Hamm was assigned to the newly built district of Old churches that belonged from 1822 to the Rhine province.
The development of the population of the community forest, the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
The local council in forest consists of twelve council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 by majority vote, and the honorary mayor as chairman.
Coat of arms
Explanation: In the upper triangle of the emblem of the golden leopardierte lion appears on a red background as a symbol of the former belonging to the County of Sayn. The bar in blue and gold symbolizing the two streams, the Belling Erbach and Holperbach, at the same time symbolize the eight hemispheres of the eight districts. As a symbol of the forest and for the place name are three fir trees on golden background.
In the district Seifermühle is the mill of the same name, which was first mentioned in 1623. This is a listed building was restored from 1987 to 1992 and can be visited by appointment.
- See also: List of cultural monuments in Forestry