Nauroth is a municipality in the district of Old Churches ( Westerwald) in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality Gebhardshain.
The municipality is located in close proximity to Moerlen that is already in the Westerwald region. Other neighboring municipalities are Rosenheim in the northwest, Elke Roth in the north. South of the town rises the Nauberggelände and Naurother forest.
The place Nauroth was first mentioned in 1222 in the foundation charter of the monastery Marienstatt documentary in which a " Henricus de Nuenrode " appeared as a witness.
The development of the population of Nauroth, the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
The local council in Nauroth consists of 16 council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 by majority vote, and the honorary mayor as chairman.