Helmeroth is a municipality in the district of Old Churches ( Westerwald) in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality Old churches.
Helmeroth is a village in the Westerwald, one of the oldest protected landscape areas of Rhineland -Palatinate, the " Nistertal ", a branch of Kroppacher Switzerland.
Expansion of the municipal district
The municipality comprises the five districts Helmeroth, helmets Rother height, Flögert, Eng and helmets Rother mill. The municipality covers an area of 3.57 km ², of which 45% forest.
In the north of the capital is Langenbach ( Bruchertseifen ); the district Closely located to the west on the other Nister page towards Burbach, the district Flögert and helmets Rother mill in the south towards Stone Wingert, the district Helmets Rother altitude is 297 meters above sea level near the B 256 between Eichelhardt and Bruchertseifen.
The first documentary mention of the place Helmeroth, together with adjacent Langenbach ( today part of Bruchertseifen ), is found in a list of the assets of the Church to Hilgenroth, which was drawn up in 1446 at the parish court Ancient churches. 1451 the Walpoden of the New Castle, Lords of rich stone tithes in the parish Kroppach be confirmed with an also called Helmeroth. The helmets Rother mill is first mentioned in 1492.
Helmeroth belonged to the county of Sayn and after their division since the 17th century to the county of Sayn- old churches. Within the county Helmeroth belonged to the parish of Old Churches, which represented a secular administrative unit, and the lower courts exercised. In 1803 the county and thus Helmeroth the Principality of Nassau- Usingen awarded (1806 Duchy of Nassau ) in 1815 and came as a result of the decisions of the Congress of Vienna in 1815 to Prussia. Under the Prussian administration Helmeroth belonged to the mayor's old churches in the district of the same name in 1816 in the newly formed Region of Koblenz, which was part of 1822 on the Rhine Province.
On May 30, 1943 crashed close to a Vickers Wellington bomber Flögert. While the crew was able to save with the parachute, the pilot ( Sergeant Ferguson ) was seriously injured in the crash landing. He was taken to the hospital after knowledge, and came to his recovery in captivity.
In 1946, the community part of Rhineland- Palatinate.
Until 1974 included the lying to the right of Long Bach's part of today much to the community Bruchertseifen hamlet belonging to the municipality Langenbach Helmeroth, the left of the stream lying part of Langenbach has always been one Bruchertseifen.
Ecclesiastical Helmeroth the Old city based branch church in Hilgenroth was assigned. Originally belonged to the parish of Old churches to the archbishopric of Cologne. By saynische Reformation and the inhabitants of Helmeroth was first supplied in 1561 and 1605, the Lutheran Reformed doctrine. Even today include the population with about 60 % mainly to the Evangelical Church.
The development of the population of Helmeroth based uf the current municipal area; the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
The local council in Helmeroth consists of six council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 by majority vote, and the honorary mayor as chairman.
In Helmeroth are some Asked conservation cultural monuments.
- Located near the district Flögert helmets Rother mill, a former Count's spell mill, whose origins in the 15th century (first documented mention in 1492 ) and was used as oil and flour mill. With today's buildings are timber-framed buildings, partly solid, from the 19th and early 20th centuries. The mill and the living area are from 1871, the former servants' quarters of 1920. Until the 1940s it was one of the most modern mills on the Nister, 1959, the operation was discontinued.
- In the districts Helmeroth and Flögert there are five half-timbered houses dating from the 17th and 18th centuries.
Sources and References
Topographic Statistical Overview of Reg - Misc - Coblenz