Friesenhagen in Wildenburger country is a municipality in the district of Old Churches ( Westerwald) in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality of Churches ( victory ). Friesenhagen is a nationally recognized tourist.
- 4.1 Cultural Monuments in place
- 4.2 cultural monuments in the municipality
Friesenhagen is the northernmost municipality of Rhineland -Palatinate and with an area of 51.3 square kilometers, the largest in the district of old churches.
Station Wildenburg, Bettorf, Bock tree, Busenbach, Breast Hagen, Dernbach, Diedenberg, Angel Cottage, alder, Eueln, Friesenhagen, Gernsdorf, Gernsdorf Increase, Girtseifen, Gösingen, Gösingerhütte, idols, Grendel, United Langenbach, Good Old Mayrhofen, hammer, hammer height, Heiligenborn, Helmert, Hilchenbach, Höfchen, Höferhof, Hohhäuschen, Holle soaps, chicken Kamp, dog Scheidt, Johannesberg, cap stone, Köppernöll, Krottorf with lock Crottorf, Kuchenwald, Kücheln, Küchelschlade, Küchelseifen, Mittelsolbach, carrots, Mohrbach, Mühlenhof, mill soaps, Neuhöhe, Niedersolbach, Oberhausen, Obersolbach, Upper Weidenbruch, Quast height, Knight grove, Rübegarten, Schlade, Schmalenbach Schmalenbach mill, Schoenbach, Sommerhof, Staade, Stausberg, Steeg, Steegerhütte, Truttenseifen, Unternädrigen, water court, water mill, Weidenbruch, Weier soaps, West Brook, meadow valley, Wildenburg with Wildenstein castle, rocker, Wipper mill, Wittershagen Wöllenbach, Ziegenschlade.
To the east of Friesenhagen springs from the guy stream, which flows into knowledge in the victory. In addition, the Bigge in a short section flows through the district. The Wild Burger Bach is located in the north of the village and is still fed by Weiersbach before its confluence with the guy stream. West of Wildenburg Station also are currently the pond Wildenburger pond, Bigge Pond, Upper Pond and Unterweihersbuch. In the south of the village is still the Gösinger pond, near the homonymous district.
Friesenhagen was first mentioned in 1131 in a document by Pope Innocent II.
The development of the population of Friesenhagen based on the present-day municipality; the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
The local council in Friesenhagen consists of 16 council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 a personalized proportional representation, and the honorary mayor as chairman.
The distribution of seats in the local council:
Culture and sights
In Friesenhagen are some Asked conservation cultural monuments:
Cultural monuments in the city
- The Catholic parish church of St. Sebastian. From an originally Romanesque three-nave church only in 1751 increased tower and the Arc de Triomphe is obtained. The main choir is attributed to the beginning of the 16th century. Inside a remarkable facilities with works from the 15th and 16th centuries. The baptismal font dates from the first half of the 13th century.
- The monument zone center and its many well-preserved half-timbered houses from the 18th century ( south and east of the church, High Street, Abbey Road, radiation Bachstraße )
- This former Franciscan monastery, an elongated Walmdachbau from quarried stone, built from 1741 to 1744 ( Abbey Road )
Cultural monuments in the municipality
- The Crottorf Castle is designated as conservation zone; the castle, in the core of a medieval moated castle, built in the middle of the 16th century. For conservation zone include the former mill, which chapel of the Holy Cross ( 1701) and a beam cross of 1620.
- The ruins of the castle with Gothic Wildenburg keep and the remains of walls dating from the 14th to the 18th century.
- The Chapel of the Sorrowful Mother of God, a stucco building from the 18th century (above Friesenhagen )
- The Rochuskapelle, probably from the 17th century (west of Wildenburg )
- The St. Anne's chapel, the so-called Red Orchestra, probably from the 17th century (above Friesenhagen )
Economy and infrastructure
In the state competition "Our village is beautiful " Friesenhagen in 1971 awarded the gold medal.